Chapter 2

I dressed up early next morning

I dressed up early next morning. As I was coming out with my luggage, I saw all the other Hashiras already waiting for me.

"You look like you just came out of a shopping spree," Sanemi mocked, looking at my luggage.

"Kyaa, Y/N chan you look so cute. I wish you all the best on your new mission," Mitsuri squealed.

"Come back safe, Y/N," Shinobu said, "I wish I could go with you, but we should go by Oyakata-sama's orders," she added with her signature smile.

I smiled at them and thanked them for their greetings, and got up in the carriage waiting for me.
As the carriage started moving, the other Hashiras waved at me, and I waved back, feeling really happy.

                             ~❄~

                             ~🏮~

The Red Light District, nicknamed the Entertainment District.
Funny that it has been done to merely to hide the fact that this entertainment has a whole new meaning to it.
Due to the recent rains, we got delayed by two days to reach there. On the way, I changed into the kimono on the way. This wasn't a real kimono, it was readymade and looked like one. I had never worn a real one in my life. As I was wearing the wig I remembered Giyuu's words.
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘜𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯 2 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵. 𝘏𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰."

"We are almost here Ma'am," the driver announced.
As we entered the District, I could see from the small window in the carriage a lot of women, decked up in kimonos, staring at our carriage. As the carriage halted, the women gathered round the carriage, probably thinking that a man would emerge and then to lure him to their respective area. However, on seeing me descend, they scattered away. A few remained, and looked at me.
"Who are you?"
"Please help me. My husband has driven me away from home," I said in the most pleading voice I could.
The women gave side glances to each other, and then asked me to follow them.

                            ~🏮~

𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

Soon enough, I was sitting in a dimly lit room. A woman, probably in her fifties, inspected me closly.
"So you want to take up our profession?"
"No, O didn't mean that.."
"Then what do you mean?"
"I am married. He will be sad if he knew that I took up this profession."
"What a naive girl you are," the woman mocked, "still caring about your tyrannical husband. Well let's take an interview. If you prove well, maybe you can become the assistant of the high ranking oirans. "
I nodded.

𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬

"Hmm, I thought you were naive. But looks like you are quite intellectual. Let's see who appoints you. Wait here, while I come back."
I nodded, as she went out.
I looked out of the glass window. This place was infiltrated with women. They were carrying decorations. "Probably some festival is near," I thought.

                               ~
After half an hour, I was trailing behind a extravagantly dressed oiran. Her name was Ayame, and I had been appointed as her assistant.
I stared at her back. Her hair, covered with jewels, and her whole body decked in a blue kimono, with pretty patterns on it.
She literally looked like a queen.
"What's your name?" she asked.
"I am Y/N, Y/N Yamamoto*," I answered.
"Welcome Y/N, this is your new residence now," she said, as we entered a large mansion, coloured  red, with multiple windows.

                            ~🏮~

*Yamamoto is not Y/N's real last name. She changed her last name so that people would not recognize her as the Water Pillar. She didn't change her first name though, so as to not have any misconception. Her last name is the reader's last name. So basically her name is Y/N  L/N.

Please vote and comment. It makes my day.