Chapter 6

The wood creaked under our slippers as we crossed the river to meet Douma

The heavy kimono made me huff, and I felt really tired. He must have made me wear it so that I feel the pain with my injured body.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦?

"We are almost here," Natsu announced, as we entered a temple like structure.
A long line of people were waiting outside.
We entered through the side door.
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴...
It was just as I expected.
It was Douma's cult.
The same cult which doomed my mother, my family, me.
I was immediately disgusted, and turned back to return.
Natsu was shocked to see me going away. She came running, held my hand and took off with me at unimaginable speed.
I could understand her situation. They were slaves of Douma after all, since Douma owns this place.
I sighed and went after her.

We reached a room, quite a more bright one, with lamps hanging from the ceiling, and fragranted incense sticks burning. In the middle sat Douma, showering his blessings to that long line of people entering inside.
He stole a glance at me. His eyes set off with a glimmer and shone brightly on seeing me.
"My dear fellow men," he started, "I have some more important work today, so I am busy, but I will definitely get back to you later."
The crowd immediately dispersed.
𝘞𝘰𝘸, 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘺𝘱𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴.

After the crowd dispersed, Douma leaped from his couch and ran towards me.
𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘻𝘶𝘬𝘰?
"Ara Ara, you look so beautiful, Y/N    L/N," he said.
I was shocked. How did he know my real surname?
Douma signalled at Natsu to leave us alone. She bowed and left.

As soon as she left, I started off, "How do you know my real name?"
Douma gave a laugh, "Come on Y/N, we demons have better memory than you humans. I remember your mother joining the cult. She was as beautiful as you. I remember absorbing her too. She was tasty. And I remember seeing you as a child too. I am glad that you have grown from being frail to being beautiful."
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦?
I was really angry, and irritated.
"I want to go back," I said.
"Huh, so fast?" he said with a puppy-eyed.
I scoffed.
𝘏𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦.
"Why didn't you kill me or turn me into a demon?"

Douma looked at me with a surprised face.
"Oh come on, why would I kill you? My victims live on in ne forever. However, I wanted to see your pretty face everyday, beautiful doll, so I didn't consume you. And about turning you into a demon, you would have looked beautiful, but your beauty as a human would have waned away," he said with a smile.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵?
𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘥𝘢𝘺?
𝘏𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭?

My cheeks unwillingly heated up.
I controlled myself, and decided to show my agitation.

"Listen up here you bastard," I said, "my friends and the demon slayer corps will soon find you, so prepare for your death. This whole demon race will end eventually. And as for this kimono, it is too heavy. It's not suitable for my injured body. I want to remove it!" I screamed out.

"Oh, Y/N, I didn't know about that. Then you should remove it here right now," he said with an innocent look on his face.

It took me some time to process what he said.
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘵!

"You bastard!" I shrieked. But before I could throw a porcelain flower vase at him, he had already disappeared.

                                °°°

It's Birdical here.
Hehe I know I am late. I wasn't doing well this week actually. So yeah, I'm sorry about that. Have a good day y'all.

[P.S.: yes I make tons of excuses]