Chapter 9

I have been waiting the entire day for this

I have been waiting the entire day for this. My freedom.

𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘪.

I heard from Natsu he lives in the northest corner of the District.
I decided to leave at noon, so that I can atleast reach by midnight, since the distance is great. Besides, lurking here at midnight might get the customers mistake me as an oiean, something which I definitely don't want.

"Have a safe journey!" Natsu yelled as I left.
𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.

                                 ~🌷~

I reached when the light of the sky was starting to fade. I got lost for a while, and took some time.

𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯, 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘪 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯.

I looked around. There was a starting of a forest, where a small hut stood.
Is that by any chance Gamagichi's residence.

I went and decided to knock. The door opened, and a bunch if bats came out. I shielded myself somehow from the sudden attack.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴?!!

"Who are you? Who gave you the permission to be here?" A loud deep voice boomed.

I opened my eyes to see a man, rather short, standing afar. His yellow eyes were glowing.
Something was rather unusual about his eyes.

Wait.
𝘏𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯?!!

                                  ~🦇~

"Are you Gamagichi?" I asked.

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

"Yes," he replied after a slight pause.
Now I come to think of it why he was never seen by anyone, but only heard of. Obviously he can't be out in the sunlight.

"I don't think I have ever seen you. Are you a new recruit?" His voice boomed again.

"I am not a recruit. I am the Water Hashira, Y/N  L/N. I have been captured."

Gamagichi seemed shocked. "What's a Hashira doing here? That also without any defence? Aren't you scared that I might eat you up?"

"I don't think so. You don't look like you have any bloodlust. Then you would have attacked me by now."

...

"Well, you have great thinking there. Come in."

𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵?

                                   ~🦇~

Gamagichi. Blood demon art is bat manipulation. Aged 129 years.

"You want me to help you out of this district?"

"Yes. I guess it will be easy for you, since I have heard you know all the nooks and crannies of this district. There must be some sort of escape route."

"You really believe a demon would help you?"

...

"I will be giving you money."

"I don't accept bribes."

"Please. I am sick of this place."

"I am too."

"What?"

"I am sick of this place too. In fact, I was one of the persons to create this place, on the orders of Douma. I had no idea of him being a demon. I was loyal to him, mostly because he was offering us a handsome pay. I was suffering from a disease. I would have died if he didn't turn me into a demon. I had prayed to him, just wanting to live. I had a family to take care of. Little did I know that he gave me a long life, rather an infinite one, in exchange for consuming by wife and daughter."

I listened on.

"I tried controlling my new found bloodlust. I actually controlled it later. But I am not strong enough to challenge Douma. So I stay under his control here. I will help you, only on the condition if you and your fellow Hashiras succeed in killing him, and also destroying the demon race. That would eventually kill me too, but I would get rid of this life."

𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘋𝘰𝘶𝘮𝘢?
Somewhere in my heart, it burnt.

But that is what I came for. I will do that. I won't show mercy to him.

"We will. I promise. We will anhillate the demon race," I said.

Gamagichi smiled.

"Okay, here's the escape route..."

                                   ~🦇~

Birdical here.

Noooo, I am still on hiatus. I have a few drafts ready, which I will publish. That would end part 1 of this story.

𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

Have a good day, y'all!