Episode 1: Enter, <Hounds of the Mansion>

「Crown Prince of El Dorado- The Fris Empire was slaughtered and the victory was won. Who is the ‘Annette’ he is looking for? 」

As I was reading the newspaper, my pupils shook.

The headlines contained the news of the crown prince’s victory, but in fact, it was not surprising that he won.

Because the crown prince was such a powerful person – one with magic powers.

It was surprising, however, that the only reason for the war was to find a woman named Annette.

‘Wasn’t it money?’

In the article it was written:

「As soon as the crown prince, who was not originally interested in war, heard that Annette was hiding in the Fris Empire, he swept the continent at once.」

Gulp, wahh–

Saliva pooled.

Because…

Because I was the Annette the fearsome prince was looking for!

But below that was another formidably shocking headline.

「The next Tower Lord, Grand Duke Heinrich, put a reward of 5.8 trillion gold for the older sister he lost when he was young. 」

“…Crazy.”

That was as good as a one-year budget for a huge empire.

“Who bets the state budget as a reward…?”

Who was this? It was Heinrich, the scoundrel I raised as a younger brother.

It wasn’t just that. I found an even more disturbing article beneath it.

「According to the available information, Larva declares war on Delphi, “You touched the bakery, so I will destroy the three tribes.”」

‘Are you going to destroy the three tribes just for touching a bakery?’

They touched a bakery…?

As the owner of that ‘bakery’, I really want to stop you, Kyle.

The three of them, really.

“They’re out of their minds…”

It was when I was talking to myself as if I was tired of it. The door opened with a heavy bang.

The moment I looked back in surprise, I had no choice but to freeze immediately.

The man who took on the role of a new ‘door’ in place of the one blown away was about 190 centimeters tall and had shoulders broad enough to fill the door.

His muscular chest, which was exposed under the thick collarbone, was so wonderful that there was nowhere to place my eyes.

‘Why are you opening your shirt again?’

Regardless of my doubts, he began to walk towards me with graceful yet beastly movements.

The moonlight slanting in an oblique line illuminated his body unrealistically.

His armor-like chest, countless scars, and stomach clearly split along the shape of his muscles.
(T/N: in case it wasn’t clear, the latter part of the sentence is describing abs hahaha.)

The atmosphere was raw enough that it almost felt barbaric.

The man approached me and lightly supported my chin with his long index finger.

“You are here, Annette.”

Finally, under the moonlight, the man’s face was revealed.

Under his black hair that was like the night when no one was out and around, were eyes that were red to the point of being scary.