Episode 19: The After Hunt Cleanup

(Please take note that like the previous episode, the perspective switches, this time it happened in the middle of a scene TT_TT so I added a note when it happened.)

“Oh, it’s Annette.”

As if nothing had happened, Julius laughed, but sweat was forming on his temple.

At that time, Sislin belatedly appeared next to Annette.

It was the boy he was certain was a problem child.

It was a very nervous situation for Julius, but he decided to have a bold heart for now.

‘Aren’t I a teacher and aren’t those children just trees?’

‘These two little kids came by chance.’

Julius secretly hid his left hand that was wearing the Pluto ring behind his back.

Annette’s eyes that were staring at his hand were somehow tenacious.

The girl’s eyes, which had always been soft like pudding, were now like a hawk seeking its prey.

At that moment, using his right hand, Julius snapped his fingers and took their attention.

“I should apologize first.”

He pretended to be a ‘generous adult’ and smiled softly.

‘Isn’t it cool to be an adult who quickly admits my mistake and apologizes to the children?’

Julius, who risked his life for his authority and image as a teacher, put one hand on his chest and bowed his head to apologize. He had a very dignified appearance like a noble etiquette teacher.

It didn’t look humiliating at all.

“I apologize, Sislin.”

“……”

“I misunderstood you as a problem and gave you an indelible wound. This teacher is also heartbroken.”

Julius’ deep blue eyes shone with sincerity.

Sislin looked up at him with his red eyes without saying anything.

Seeing that reaction, Julius was quite upset.

“Hey, it’s polite to say that it’s okay if someone asks for forgiveness, Sislin.”

Nevertheless, Julius taught the boy gently yet strictly. Like a great teacher.

Then Annette, who was staring from the side, said,

“Sir, what about the ring?”

“……!”

Julius was terribly surprised, but fortunately he did not show it outwardly.

‘There is a persistent side, this stupid rat.’

Without his realization, strength entered the hand which had the ring, and his fist clenched.

“This is not a ring for children to play with. It’s very dangerous, and it’s a valuable thing to Teacher.”

“If it’s a valuable thing, you should have treated it more carefully.”

Annette resolutely held out her palm.

“Please. A promise is a promise.”

There was a lovely smile in her pale green eyes as she said that.

“Didn’t all the children of the Forest hear what Teacher promised with this ring? You have to keep your promise!”

Gently, Annette laughed.