Episode 50: Trouble Has It

They said she was going to be adopted by the prince.

Secretly?

“Well, isn’t it something to be congratulated on? But you’re not in the mood.”

The circumstances of the adoption were not known in detail, but one thing was certain, judging from the following words of Madam Mimosa.

“As you know from experience, the Prince is a very scary person. Annette.”

“…Yes.”

“Never go against him. Good luck.”

‘Annette doesn’t want to, but she’s forced to go.’

Why?

His clever sister would find a way not to be adopted anyway.

Annette didn’t even seem to like the prince.

The image of her cringing when the prince reached out towards her during socialization training was vivid.

She seemed afraid.

“By force…”

To go so forcibly, to leave the very next morning without even a word to him.

She tried to sneak away.

‘You promised to be with me on this birthday…’

Feeling the sense of betrayal embedding in his whole body like a knife, Heinrich closed his eyes tightly.

Suddenly, he remembered the first time he met the girl.

“Hello? You must be Heinrich.”

Hello. It was just a very light greeting.

That one greeting changed his life completely.

The empty life of the boy was filled with the light of Annette.

To lose that light was to lose the temperature of his heart.

Being left alone again.

He hated it enough to die.

If she leaves, Heinrich would not be able to live properly.

He would go crazy and he would spend the rest of his life missing Annette.

‘You must have been thinking about it for a long time.’

Not long ago, at the lake, Annette asked him a question about adoption. She must have already heard about adoption by then.

She must have thought about how not to go because she was also reluctant to be adopted.

‘But it either failed or it didn’t go well.’

In the previous conversation, Madam Mimosa spoke as if the adoption had been ‘decided’ on the spot.

So, between the time the question was asked at the lake and the decision to adopt, that empty period.

During then, Annette must have made an effort on her own.

But in the end, for some reason, she had no choice but to leave secretly.

“……”

The clever boy, who grasped the situation in an instant, whispered while ruffling his wet silver hair.

“You can tell me, Sister.”

Then he would have helped.

―He told her, he would rip whoever that bothered her to shreds.

It didn’t matter who the opponent was.

“I will help you.”

His eyes fluttered like a blizzard in the middle of winter.