Episode 54: Exit, <Hounds of the Mansion>

I wiped the tears from my reddened eyes and sat down.

Actually, I almost cried.

‘I’m glad I held back my tears.’

If I had cried, I was sure Madam Borgier would have found fault with me.

I didn’t expect the boys to cling so pitifully, but it was clear that I did what I had to do.

Was that so? As if executing the only mission given to an extra, my mind soon became calm.

‘I have to focus on my goals.’

Because now I was hanging from the top of an apple tree.

If I fell, I would be at least severely injured.

‘How do I escape?’

I looked at Madam Borgier’s eyes and aimed for a suitable timing. In the meantime, the carriage had moved quite far from the Forest.

“Madam Borgier… I want to go to the washroom, can you stop the carriage for a moment?”

Cold brown eyes stared at me.

‘Wow, eagle eyes!’

“When you become a member of the imperial family, you cannot go to the washroom at any time. When it comes to important meetings, like meetings with nobles, are you going to leave your seat at any time, impatiently?”

But, madam, this was not a meeting with the nobles.

“When you leave your seat, you will never know what kind of words come and go in the battlefield called the Imperial Palace. You must always keep your mind straight. So–”

Madam Borgier’s lips twisted.

“Be patient.”

I blinked.

‘Ah, do I have to be dignified to become an imperial family member?’

From the beginning, I felt the will to kill a 12-year-old child.

If so-

“Yes! Madam Borgier! Thank you for the great teaching.”

I said with excitement, and with my eyes lit up.

“……!”

Then, on the contrary, Madam Borgier flinched again.

She had eyes that wondered what on earth was I doing, ‘This little girl, who had no sense of being damaged.’

“But I’m getting motion sickness. Can I open the window, Madam?”

“…Do you have carriage sickness?”

“The Trees in the Forest usually walk. Other than during socialization training, I rarely ride a carriage. If there’s an unexpected bump, Madam Borgier’s dress might be a mess—”

“Open it right now.”

This time, when I threatened that I would lose control, she quickly opened the carriage window.

I leaned over and looked out of the window to get some fresh air.

Madam Borgier didn’t seem to want to check what I had eaten this morning, so she let me look out the window for a while.

Thus, after a while–

“Ah…! What to do! My scarf flew out the window!”

“Forget about that cheap scarf.”

When I allowed my scarf to fly away and made a fuss, Madam Borgier calmly responded.

‘Eagle indeed, I knew she wouldn’t even blink an eye.’