Episode 8: Operation, Exterminating Dog Dung With Bugs (I)

I quietly raised my middle finger before the carriage completely disappeared.

'He's talking nonsense.'

If I had been really just a child, Viscount Puterio's abusive words would have left a scar deep enough to be a lifelong trauma.

But was I not 12 years old with a past life?

With the shield of my previous life, I was able to deflect such abusive language.

"Sislin, we need to wash our ears. You've met a man who poops with his mouth."

I spoke bravely and wiped Sislin's ears with my hands. Clean. Squeak, squeak.

'But it's kind of weird.'

The appearance of that man itself was strange.

'This was obviously an episode that wasn't in the original.'

If it had happened in the original story, I would have been preparing for it... No matter how much I looked back on my memories, there was no episode in which he visited the forest.

But what happened had already happened, now it was best to find a solution.

'...The Marquis of Corel.'

An extra in the original. I remembered him because he had a pretty unusual setting.

'He was a man with great health concerns. Even mysophobia.'

Concerned about his health, he always stirred up the clinic, and he suffered from severe mysophobia in fear of getting sick.

Even after shaking hands, he always changed his gloves, and he was a sensitive person who even had seizures due to anxiety.

'He and Viscount Puterio traded slaves a few times, maybe?'

That was probably why Viscount Puterio did not leave the dispute resolution to the lord of Ferdes, where his workplace was located, but insisted on calling the lord of Corel in this region.

'If this is the case, there is no chance of winning tomorrow...'

"...Are you okay?"

I stopped pondering for a moment and asked Sislin that question.

Was it because he's wet? It was because I felt his body trembling like an aspen tree.

Just looking at his terrified face made my heart ache. Suddenly, the viscount's abusive remarks came to mind again.

"Sometimes there are children who are just 'feces' of sexual desire."

...How sick and tired of such cruel remarks must Sislin be. If I had been caught by a man whose tongue was as sharp as a sharpened blade, my self-esteem would have been scorched to the floor.

Suddenly, I remembered what the boy had said when I first met him.

"I'm a dirty kid."

"If you talk to me, you'll get dirty too."

...My heart throbbed and pounded as I expected what kind of abusive language he had been hearing.

As I stroked the boy's back, he whispered softly.

"Is Annette okay?"

Even in this situation, Sislin was worried about me.

Even though he was shaking like this...

"I'm fine!"

"I'm fine too, Annette."

Sislin, you could say 'I was scared' when you were scared, and 'I'm scared' when you are scared. It was okay for a child like you.