The letter. (Chapter 2)

Mail!

After a long night I woke up the next morning to hear the doorbell constantly ringing.
"Don't just listen. Answer." Khonshu said as I got up and quickly went to the door, there were multiple people outside my house waiting
"Hm. That's suspicious." Khonshu stated as I rolled my eyes and opened before saying "how can I help you?" They appeared to look like agents and one stepped up and said "good morning, happy to make your acquaintance. Im Mr. ****** from stark industries." Dangit.
"We've been seen." Khonshu stated
"Thanks captain obvious." I mumbled as the agent spoke again "Mr. stark and the avengers would like to speak to you privately due to some footage last night we had found and some eye witnesses surveyed." This was going to end really bad, wasn't it.
"Don't go." Khonshu ordered in a stern voice
"I'm intrigued if all goes well they let me go." I mumbled before looking back up at the agent. "Time and date?" I asked as the other agents looked around and smiled, why so happy? "Tomorrow at *****, meet outside the building and someone will let you in." The agent said smiling handing me the address and the information card

"Why would you go! Getting a personal invite from the avengers in risky. They obviously seen you in your suit and the powers you hold!" Khonshu said
"I'm intrigued Khonshu. If anything goes wrong we get out of there unharmed and most likely stay hidden or move to a new city." I stated reading the information card all over again. I really was intrigued as to why they'd want me there other then to actually see me and question what abilities I have.
"You are truly idiotic for going, you obviously know what they want. They want to know your powers and possibly fight you." Khonshu stated
I rolled my eyes dramatically as Khonshu lectured me on whatever could possibly occur.
"You May come out harmed or worse."
"Khonshu. You are literally the god of the moon and most importantly vengeance. I am literally moon knight and you have admitted me alone is a battle against the darkness. I'll be fine!" I replied while throwing the letter into the trash crumpling it up beforehand.
"This will go south." Khonshu predicted
"Or it could go north." I replied in a really smart accent leaving Khonshu trying to process what I just argued.

I just ordered Mac Donald's for dinner because I didn't really have the energy to do anything special. A cold air then blew into the house as Khonshu appeared near the corner.
"Stark industries wants to see your power and possibly recruit you. Do you see that problem?" Khonshu stated
"We still on this?" I questioned as Khonshu groaned before grasping his staff.
"Whatever you do. Do not. Tell them that you are the avatar of Khonshu. Do not tell them you are moonknight." Khonshu stated, I understood that sentence considering what they'd do to get more information on Khonshu and or Egypt itself.
"You can manipulate moon rock, surely you can survive one day at stark industries." I stated while eating a fry and throwing my leftovers on the other table discretely
"It isn't about the secrets I hold idiot." Khonshu said as his bird skull clacked causing an echo across the room.
"How about this. Tomorrow when we walk in there you keep watch of anything suspicious. Worst comes to worst there's a bit of blood at the end of it all." I promised sneering before sitting down as Khonshu had thought about it
"Fine." Khonshu hissed seeming unpleased.

The day was coming to an end so I sat in my room searching for my melatonin, this time i needed to take it so I wasn't tired in the morning when I woke up.
"You stupid mortal. It's right over there." Khonshu said in my head as I looked over and saw it on one of the nightstands.
"Thanks." I said before swiping khonshu's dust off of the nightstand, Khonshu was very dusty.
I took the melatonin before laying down in bed waiting for the melatonin to try and kick in.
"This is pointless." Khonshu commented as I rolled my eyes dramatically staring upwards.
"Your pointless." I replied, being annoying and rude to Khonshu was practically my job now other then working online. Khonshu sighed as I would blink profusely trying to fall asleep and eventually I got tired. I moved around a lot before finding the right place to sleep although I never wake up in that same spot. I had lots to do in the morning so I needed a good nights sleep although I knew I wasn't gonna get that outcome and still wake up really tired, I finally fell asleep in the right position in bed.

Word count: 809 words