Problems. (Chapter 6)

Close call.

I woke up from at least 3 hours of sleep feeling very energetic, I was used to getting limited hours of sleep. I was already in clothes considering I had no change of clothes for the night or today. It seemed I was called to the room I was yesterday so I ended up there after an hour of doing absolutely nothing.
"Khonshu. You up?" I mumbled
"I don't sleep." Khonshu answered
"Makes sense." I replied
I saw Tony walk in with cap, nat and three others. Loki the god of mischief, Clint and
Dr. Strange. "Morning Y/n! We have a question." Cap said sitting down on a wooden chair, "You were talking, yesterday. At night for a while although we left once you got up. To who?" Tony said then I realized what the walking was. Shit.
"Idiot. Shouldve checked." Khonshu said
"Um On the phone, yeah. On the phone." I said
Best lie I could come up that moment considering I had almost been busted. "Understandable." Cap said but Loki still looked at me with sharp eyes "and this mortal is here, why?" Loki said, his head towards tony and tony answered "we aren't sure what they are."

"Wouldn't we be interrogating and or trying to get information from them, Tony?" Dr. Strange asked as he looked at me.
"A bit specific. Wonder if he'd like to have his powers leeched as a form of research on us." Khonshu hissed
"Have to agree." I mumbled
"Did you say something Y/n?" Clint asked
"No." I replied
Tony looked over and said "well. If Y/n has the ability to take Thor's lightning and put a god into a chokehold I don't think there would be a point in trying to force information out of them." Tony remarked as I remembered the battle yesterday. Dr. Strange nodded with his brows raised and said "impressive."
"Aren't you impressive."
"Don't mock me." I said under my breath
I looked over and said "anything exciting today or can I leave?" Tony smiled awkwardly and said "meeting at 5 pm. Be there." I wonder what that was about. (Time skip) I was already in the meeting room before everyone to not make it awkward if I was the first one here.
"Careful Y/n. They could be leading you into something here." Khonshu said
"Yup. You've said that multiple times. Haven't forgotten." I stated.

"Oh my god. There taking so long. Longer then taweret on a rainy day." I said groaning
"She does take long." Khonshu said
"There they are." I said as the elevator dinged and Thor, Bruce, Peter, Natasha, Bucky, Sam, cap , Loki, Clint, Dr. Strange, Wanda and vision entered the room and took their seats. "So. Thanks for attending Y/n. We have all made a decision. J.A.R.V.I.S?" Tony said as the A.I said "yes sir.". Footage from my fight with Thor had showed up as Loki smiled deviously "you seem special, and you are special. So we ask you. What would it take for you to become an avenger Y/n?". My world crushed.
"No. Say no. You mustn't give in Y/n. You are the fist of Khonshu, Moonknight. You work with me and me alone." Khonshu insisted
The silence said it all as I silently agreed with Khonshu, I had no interest in joining.
"I- im gonna have to pass on that offer. My deepest apologies sir. Im Built for working alone and working alone ill stay." I said
It seemed like I shattered everyone there, my social anxiety wasn't helping
"You mustn't feel guilty Y/n" Khonshu said.

"I'm hallucinating, right? She just declined an offer to become an avenger." Loki asked
"No brother, it is true and I don't blame them." Thor said as Wanda nodded saying "forced them in here. Made them fight Thor. Made them stay a night and now asking them to be an avenger. I'd decline if I was asked after three days too."
"Do not feel guilty for declining the offer Y/n. You hadn't done anything wrong." Khonshu reassured me.
"Okay, okay. Let's stop with all the sympathizing for a moment. Just for closure and a last decision. Y/n, would you like to come with us on our most recent mission?" Tony asked as cap nodded slowly
"Your choice Y/n." Khonshu said
"Hm. Sure, only for the memories. What are we fighting?" I asked
"Good you asked. H.Y.D.R.A agents that had threatened us. They also hold a current weapon that could cost us NYC." Tony said showing the location which was deep in the woods near a little house showing many human figures.
"Khonshu. You up for it?" I mumbled
"Fine. But if you get hurt don't come running to me." Khonshu stated
"Huh. Sure. I wouldn't mind." I said.

Word count: 810 words