CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE ; GO TIGERS!

★☆

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE ; GO TIGERS!also known as;( the hellfire club )

also known as;
( the hellfire club )

★☆

"MY GORGEOUS GIRL!" RICHIE DAVIDSON YELLED AS STELLA COLLINS STEPPED INTO THE NEWLY REFURBISHED INDIGO DINER. He looked almost exactly the same as he did the last time they'd seen each other, his dark locks windswept and his eyes rimmed with dark circles. Yet his smile was wide, and his laugh was contagious. Stella missed him dearly. 

Beside him was Leilani, who looked absolutely exhausted, her hair pulled back into a ponytail, and her mascara smudged beneath her eyes. Stella adjusted her backpack as she walked towards them, a grin on her face. Richie ran over to her and lifted her up, spinning her around. Stella laughed as she fell back to the ground, pulling him into a tight embrace. She then looked past him to see Leilani, who she yanked into a hug. Leilani yelped, but accepted the loving gesture. 

Moments later they were sat at a booth, Leilani and Richie on one side, Stella on the other. She reached into her backpack and gave out small gifts from Rhode Island - a baseball cap for Richie and a sweater for Leilani. 

"So, talk to me," she settled into her seat after Richie had ordered her a milkshake. She crossed her arms over her chest, feeling slight hole in her chest fill as she revelled in the company of her friends. Richie was loud and boisterous, his arm wrapped around Leilani's shoulders, while she laughed at the jokes that were made and slowly found more energy. The girl was far more introverted than her peers, but it seemed that being with them once more felt less draining on her soul. She looked healthier than when they graduated, her face fuller and body heavier, allowing her to fill out the dresses she loved to wear. Stella thought she looked gorgeous, as per usual. "What's been going on in the land of Leilani and Richie?"

"Long distance is garbage," Richie complained. "We usually alternate visiting each other on weekends, but it got really hard before break."

Leilani nodded from where she sat nestled into his side. "Can't say I'm a fan of four hour drives. You and Steve are lucky you get to stay together."

"Is he liking Rhode Island?" Richie piped up. 

"Yeah, I think so," Stella said with a soft smile. "He's learning guitar, taking night classes, he's even taken up cooking. I think getting away from Hawkins has been good for both of us, but I know he misses this place like crazy."

"Do you think he'd ever move back?" Leilani asked, her expression curious, yet filled with slight concern. Richie mirrored her gaze. "You know, if he misses it a lot? Sometimes think about dropping everything and coming back to live with my parents again. It just seems so...easy."

"Yeah, being an adult sucks," Richie said. Stella chuckled, but found herself somewhat agreeing. It was a huge change from living at home full time as a high school student. Now she was juggling college, work, rent, and a relationship. It was a lot.