CHAPTER NINETEEN ; HAN AND LEIA

★☆

CHAPTER NINETEEN ; HAN AND LEIAalso known as;( trick or treat, freak; part one )

also known as;
( trick or treat, freak; part one )

★☆

"YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT!" STELLA EXCLAIMED, A WIDE SMILE ON HER FACE AS SHE WALKED TOWARDS THE WHEELER HOUSEHOLD, SEEING MIKE, LUCAS AND DUSTIN ON THEIR BIKES. The young teens usually met there before riding to school together, and now that she had been catching rides with Steve and Nancy, she'd see them almost everyday. It was refreshing, and she appreciated the few fleeting moments she could catch up with them before they all parted ways. 

Since the events that had caused them all so much grief the previous year, she wasn't sure whether or not to be surprised that she and the party had drifted slightly. Though they all still loved each other, the boys were growing up, therefore they needed a little more space. She hadn't seen as much of Will, seeing as Joyce had an iron grip on his shoulders and didn't let him bike or walk anywhere anymore. Stella didn't blame her, but at the same time, she hoped Will didn't end up having a lack independence for the rest of his life.

"Thanks, Star!" Dustin grinned, his pearly whites shining. His teeth had finally come through and he never let anyone forget it, though Stella found it amusing when he continued to show them off. She stepped towards them, a beaming as she overlooked their Halloween outfits. They were dressed as the Ghostbusters, wearing beige jumpsuits with various weapons on their backs and name tags on their chests -- the likeness to the characters was uncanny. When it was released, Stella had taken them to see the movie twice, soon learning to live with their constant gushing about it and their obsession with the characters. 

"You guys going trick or treating tonight?" She asked them, to which they all nodded, enthusiasm clear in all of their features.

"You coming with us this year?" Lucas asked, his feet just touching the ground as he sat on the seat of his bike. "You could go as Dana!"

"No thanks, she was a little too pathetic for my liking," Stella shook her head, though her voice was joking. She felt a little bad not accompanying them like she had done for the past few years, but in her defence, she did already have plans. To justify her excuse, she continued; "After seeing Sigourney in Alien, it kinda sucked to see her as-"

"--such a wimp. We know," Mike finished for her, though a soft smile played at his lips. Stella chuckled and nodded in confirmation. She had noticed that since losing his dear friend Eleven, he had never quite been the same. He was suffering in silence, not really knowing what to say or who to talk to. Stella tried to speak to him, but he could never find the right words, or brushed it off like it meant nothing. No matter how much she and the other boys attempted to cheer him up, there was nothing she could do to bring him back from the state he had fallen into. It truly sucked, as he shouldn't have to face such a loss at such a young age.