CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ; BITCHY BILLY

★☆

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ; BITCHY BILLYalso known as;( the pollywog ; part two )

also known as;
( the pollywog ; part two )

★☆

"PICTURES LAST LONGER," STELLA MUTTERED WHEN SHE FINALLY DECIDED BILLY HAD BEEN STARING AT HER LONG ENOUGH. She didn't bother looking up from her book, where she had actually been copying down the notes on the board, perhaps finally deciding that learning was important for her education. Her blunt pencil scraped against her pad of paper and her foot tapped underneath the desk as she itched for the bell to ring.

Billy made an irritated 'hmph' sound and twisted around in his seat so that he was completely facing her. "I don't know what your deal is, but I want you to stay outta my way."

"Stay out of your way?" Stella scoffed, pausing her writing to stare at him with an incredulous expression. With her eyebrows tightly knitted together and her gaze narrowed in confusion, she felt nothing but annoyance when she looked at the new kid. "You've been here, what, two days? All I did was beat you at basketball -- it's not like I stole your lunch or set fire to your car."

"Don't talk to me like that," Billy held up his finger as if to scold her, but Stella only glanced down at it and back to his face lazily, clearly unbothered by his intimidating nature.

"Who do you think you are?" She snapped, before turning her head when the teacher loudly shushed them from the front of the class. Stella mumbled a sorry as the old woman turned to the blackboard again, then glancing back at the menacing boy beside her. "Look, I'm sorry I shattered your fragile masculinity, it's really a shame."

Billy's eye twitched. "What did you just say?"

"What, never had anyone stand up to you before?" Stella asked, a challenging flicker in her dark eyes.

The curly haired boy across from her scowled, leaning forward slightly. "No one who lived."

"Was that a threat?" Stella retorted, clearly unimpressed. She then flashed him a tight-lipped smile, before returning to her work. It was silent between them, before Billy began tapping his pen against the surface of his desk. Stella ignored it for a while, though it grew increasingly louder as time passed. He still appeared to be staring at the side of her head, his eyes boring holes in her skull. The teenage girl held her breath as he continued trying to annoy her. What was most infuriating was the fact that it was working.

"Would you cut that out?" She hissed, her eyes flickered across from her to see a bitter grin on Billy's bothersome face. It only pissed her off more, but she only clenched her jaw and tried to concentrate on her notes, the words she wrote were becoming thicker and thicker the harder she pressed her pencil into her paper, but she didn't want to get in trouble for yelling in class.