CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ; FROGGER

★☆

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ; FROGGER also known as;( madmax; part three )

also known as;
( madmax; part three )

★☆

"I'D LIKE TO TAKE THE TIME TO WELCOME OUR NEW STUDENT," THE VOICE OF STELLA'S BIOLOGY TEACHER DRONED ON. It was the second to last period of the day, and Stella was utterly exhausted. They never got anything done in that class, and she knew the forty five minutes would be spent by the angry old lady grumbling about alleles for a quarter of it, the rest complaining about her marriage. 

Stella's head was already on her desk, her eyes slowly growing heavier and heavier as the moments passed. Soon, she was nearly completely gone, if it weren't for the seat next to her loudly slamming against the ground. She shot up with a wide, frightened expression, much to the amusement of her class. The teenage girl yawned tiredly, her gaze trailing over to the source of the sound, seeing an angry boy at the desk beside her. 

"Miss Collins, I'm glad you could join us," her teacher sneered, and Stella flashed her an exhausted but charming grin. 

"I'm glad you enjoy my company so much that you miss it when I'm gone," she retorted, causing the professor's ears to turn slightly pink. Her wrinkled lips curled upwards, as if she were going to scream at her to leave the room, but instead she sourly turned around and picked up a piece of chalk from the blackboard, resuming the lesson. Stella's shoulders slumped considerably at this, wanting nothing more than to nap the period away. Remembering the new appearance at her side, she glanced over curiously to see the demin-clad boy from that morning, stretched out like he owned the place. 

As the irritating voice of her teacher filled the air, Stella leaned over, towards whoever the new kid was. "Hey, I'm Stella."

"I don't care," he responded bluntly, not bothering to look over at her. Stella pursed her lips, before shrugging carelessly and moving back to her desk, burying her head in her arms, allowing herself to fall back into a light sleep, finally relieving herself from the long amount of time she'd been awake. 

★☆

"Did you hear about the new kid?" Leilani asked, her voice slightly static-y over the phone. Stella shifted around on her bed, the device between her cheek and her shoulder as she attempted to finish a piece of homework due to the next day. Several pieces of paper were sprawled out before her, one of them her entrance packages for the two art scholarships she wanted to apply for (that she had completed during her shift that afternoon). The schools she wanted to attend once she left high school were both on the East Coast, one being the Rhode School of Design and the other NYU. She had mentioned it to her parents once, but didn't dare bring it up again. She had saved up as much money as she could over the last two years, so she was tossing up between purchasing a car or a one way ticket across the country.