THE BATHROOM CORNERING

SOPHIE ABSOLUTELY LOATHED HAVING physics on a Wednesday morning. To say it depressed her was an understatement, it literally made death seem like a better option. Especially with the whole Eddie situation picking at her conscience. She felt completely horrible after their conversation in the woods.

On both Monday and Tuesday night she found herself inspecting the number on her old, half-torn cigarette. She wished that she was braver, she wished she had some sense and actually picked up the phone, but she never did. Instead, she painfully dragged out a hidden box from under her bed. One that contained pictures and other things from Elementary and Middle school. Staring at her and Eddie's thirteen and fourteen year-old faces just made her want to call him even more.

God, she missed him and no one even knew it.

Lunch rolled around without a buzz of excitement. She fucking despised that cafeteria, she hated having to force her eyes to move from his table, to stop catching him looking at her too. It only reminded her that they were done with each other. Eddie hadn't tried to speak to her in the past two days, so she figured he'd decided to listen to her for once.

As soon as she entered the cafeteria, he was there. Eyes of brown and joy peering into her gloomy figure, trying to tear it apart. It would've taken a bomb going off for him to stop staring. He didn't care, he was like a moth to the light. Sophie Harrington was his light, even if she was burnt out at the moment.

She turned on her heel and left, deciding that being hungry was a better fate than having to face the popular crowd whilst being completely aware of Eddie's looming gaze. She was absolutely starving though, stomach growling as she rushed through the hallways to her locker. She prayed that she had a left over granola bar or at least something that would keep her clinging onto life until home time.

"Sophie?" Someone called her name quietly, then louder, "hallway girl! Slow down!"

Sophie turned with a pained expression over her face. Jesus, she would kill someone for cheesy fries. "Hi, Robin," she attempted to smile, but she wasn't sure if she actually did.

Robin chuckled, "are you okay? You look a little..."

"Awful? Miserable? Dead?" She questioned, they were just the three things that Becky had been calling her for two days straight.

"I was gonna say pale," Robin replied, concern evident in her voice, "why are you not at lunch? Have you eaten?"

"Long story and no," she frowned, "I'm praying that I have something in my locker. The things I would do for even a crumb right now, oh my god." She threw her head against Robin's locker dramatically.

"I packed two sandwiches," the blue-eyed girl revealed, "plus, I brought a big bag of Cheetos," she scanned the older girls face, smiling sweetly at her, "and I have time to listen to that long story if you want to tell me it."

Sophie almost felt her heart burst at Robin's kindness. How had she never known this girl before? She longed for a version of herself that talked to her sooner. "You're honestly my new favourite person."

A big beam broke out across Robin's face, "come on, we'll sit at the steps." The weather was relatively good that day anyway, so not being able to sit in the cafeteria wasn't a big issue. They rushed to the steps, Robin bursting into a fit of giggles as Sophie nearly flung herself onto the steps.

Robin passed Sophie one of the sandwiches, which looked nothing less than immaculate to her. She believed Robin could've been a chef as the flavours swam through her mouth. "Are you sure you don't want to sit with your friends?" She asked the freckled girl, squinting her eyes due to the gleaming sun.