THE LONG AWAITED PUNCH

PURE RAGE WAS ALL SOPHIE HARRINGTON felt, it was bubbling through her and festering deeply in her heart. She hated Rebecca Lovelis more than she ever hated anyone. Hate was an unfamiliar feeling to her, she'd known and greeted dislike many times, but never a such a strong hatred.

Her tears were falling rapidly, there was enough to craft an entire ocean. Her tears were nothing but pure anger, she was past the stage of feeling sorrowful. Becky was never her friend, she knew that now, so there wasn't really anything to cry about. Sophie supposed the friendship ended a long time ago.

She never expected that though, to be made an example of in-front of the whole school. Wretched rumours and names were sure to follow her wherever she went now. Her parents would probably hear about it too and her dad would be furious, furious at her and not at Becky.

Sophie tried to regulate her breathing, she felt like she was going into full panic mode, her body numb and brain shutting down. She was shaking uncontrollably and yet it was like she was frozen and forbidden from movement.

The door opened harshly and an arm snaked it's way around her waist, pulling her. She was in someones chest, someone that smelt of cigarettes and cologne, someone that wreaked of home.

Eddie.

"You're okay, sweetheart," he whispered into her hair gently, "its all okay." He rubbed circles into her back soothingly, nearly collapsing at the sound of her rushed breathing. He felt everything she did, he was so interconnected with her emotions.

"Don't lie to me," she shook her head, pulling back from him. She brought her hands up to her face, "how could she do that to me?"

"She's evil," he told her gently, "and she's bitter, there's no other reason, Soph, so stop searching for one." He frowned at her broken expression, "It wasn't anything you did, that's just how she is."

"No," Sophie disagreed, tear falling freely, "she used to be different...she used to be my best friend." She didn't want to admit to herself that Becky was like that the whole time. There was no way the girl she used to watch grease with religiously was this cruel.

"Don't cry, you know I can't handle it," Eddie told her, fingers trailing across her under eyes, trying his best to make her tears disappear. "And okay, maybe she used to be different," he sighed, "but she changed."

"I hate her," Sophie hissed, changing emotions vastly, her tears becoming venomous now. "I fucking hate her, Eddie. I hate her so much."

"I know," he spoke comfortingly, cradling her in his arms again. He didn't want her getting herself worked up over a bitch like Becky, there were better things to worry about. "She deserves to be hated, sweetheart."

"God," she sniffed, "I just wanna go home and never show my face here again."

"I can take you home," Eddie smiled delicately, gripping his hand in hers. They walked over to the door together, him pushing it open.

The fuss hadn't died down, everyone was still somewhat scattered in the hallway. Sophie wiped any evidence that she was crying away, she was no longer shaking from anxiety but from annoyance.

Steve and the rest of the gang were still at the entrance of the school, each discussing their current predicament with concern for Sophie. Chrissy and Nancy were mad, wanting nothing more than to lunge at Rebecca as they watched the girl clean the writing of Sophie's locker. Steve was beyond upset, just anxious to know if his twin was okay, some part of him felt that she wasn't. Jonathan and Robin were on the same wavelength, they were both angry and worried, but they tried to remain chilled, with Robin rambling on about some movie to him as he just nodded along.