THE MAKE-OUT

SOPHIE HARRINGTON COULD NOT get Eddie Munson out of her head. He was there permanently, his presence looming like a figure in the dark. He affected how she breathed, the rate of her heartbeat, even when he wasn't around.

She hadn't seen him in over a week, both avoiding each other due to awkwardness. They'd kissed twice in the same day and neither wanted to talk about it. When Sophie had went to his trailer that night and let him kiss her, she didn't think afterward would be weird, but it was.

Eddie had probably left her home at around 9 PM, hands intertwined as they walked through a dark street, one that glistened with street lights. He mentioned something about calling her and then he never did.

Sophie had made eye contact with him at school, opting for the cafeteria with Chrissy as Robin had band practise. So, at lunch their eyes had met, just how she wanted their lips to again. His stare alone was alluring, all she wanted to do was be near him.

It was Friday and she'd gotten home late after cheer practise, her uniform still on as she picked at her nails whilst laying on her bed. It was around 5 o'clock and she was meant to be sleeping over at Chrissy's with a certain freckle-faced girl, but she figured she'd go over late, perhaps at around 7.

Call me by Blondie bounced off the walls in her room, she thought it might be a sign that she should call Eddie. She reached for the phone at her bedside table, jumping at the sound of a knock on her door. Her mom was at her women's group, her dad at work and she'd literally just heard Steve leave the house. She figured her idiotic brother forgot something.

"Come in!" She called over the music, making her way to where it was playing from so that she could turn it down.

The door opened and in sauntered Eddie Munson, wild look on his face and eyes already boring directly into her. "Hey, sweetheart."

Sophie winced slightly, not quite grasping the fact that he'd just entered her room. "Eddie? What are you doing here? I was just about to call you."

He dismissed her previous question, pools of brown trailing over her cheerleading outfit as he gulped. He was distracted, but he replied, "you were?"

"Well, yeah," she shrugged, staring at him in confusion, "I mean, I figured we should talk about everything."

"I can think of a few things I'd rather do than talk," Eddie replied, walking toward her quickly. He slowly let out a sigh, trailing his cold thumb across her lip. "But I guess I owe you an explanation, right?" He did. He told her he'd call her and then he hadn't, Sophie didn't quite appreciate it.

The Harrington girl shuddered under his touch, being unable to control herself as she felt lust overwhelming her. "We don't have to talk," she told him, reaching up to keep his thumb on her lip as he went to remove it.

"We don't? Then what else could we possibly do?" He teased, drawing closer to her lips. His breath smelt of cigarettes and it was a scent Sophie basked in. It was so homely to her, so Eddie.

She initiated the kiss, leaning in the extra inch she needed to. It was less sweet this time, more rushed, more hungry. His hands were on her face, he selfishly wanted more. He craved more of her taste. He was addicted.

Eddie pushed her down onto the bed, throwing himself in between her thighs as he kissed her harder. Sophie kissed him back with equal roughness, her hands tugging mercilessly at his hair. He bit his lip, trying desperately to suppress a moan, but failed miserably, causing her to smile against his lips.

Her fingers' movements in his hair became absent and he noticed it. She wasn't sure whether he liked it or not. "Do it again," he whispered, the sound of his voice tickling the side of his face.