⁴⁶ : like you

the second jeonghan entered their dorm, the sight of joshua hugging his legs to himself by his bed broke his heart into a million pieces. after catching sight of joshua, seungcheol decided to head back to his own room, having his own problems to solve and knowing full well that matters between friends should not involve an unwanted outsider perspective.

quietly, the blonde approached joshua, sitting himself down next to him and almost as though out of habit, joshua placed his head on his shouder, jeonghan shifting his body so that he could properly give the boy a hug and allow him to rest his head against his chest instead.

they stayed like that for what felt like hours but in reality was just a few minutes before joshua broke the silence. "you...do you remember what the message he sent yesterday said?" his voice was fragile, so fragile that if a strong gust of wind were to blow past, jeonghan was afraid that it would shatter him completely. "he...he said he loved me," he whispered, jeonghan rubbing circles on his back as he spoke. "and yet...we can't even save him."

jeonghan hugged his friend tighter, ignoring the fact that tears were staining his shirt and allowing joshua to let everything out. he didn't know how long he had cried for. he didn't even feel his leg going numb. he didn't even notice that afternoon had come. and most importantly, he didn't even care that they had skipped classes.

all he cared about was his joshuji, the boy sniffling and trembling against him and drenching his shirt with tears.

gently, he ran his hands through joshuas' hair once he had calmed down. "we'll find him okay?" jeonghan said as an attempt to reassure him. "i promise we will," jeonghan added on, lightly pushing joshua away and taking hold of his hand, locking their pinkies with one another as his free hand wiped the tears off his face. "so stop crying okay joshu?"

"but..." jeonghan hummed in response, offering him a small smile before they locked eyes. "you have to promise me that you won't get hurt in the process," joshua said, just the thought of it bringing about a new batch of tears to his eyes.

and although jeonghan had no certainty that he could get out of it all without a scratch on either his name or his physical body, he nodded, offering his other hand for joshua to lock pinkies with and smiling brightly at him despite knowing that things could go horribly south for him.

"i promise."

–––

wen junhui
offline

my haohao 💜
where'd you run off to?

my haohao 💜
oi wen junhui
oi wen junhui x 2
junhui
junhui x 2
jun
jun x 2

my haohao 💜
if you don't answer me, i'll stab my hand with an arrow

wen junhui
thats really extreme haohao 😭

my haohao💜
where are you?
and don't ask shit like 'oh is my haohao concerned' because you already know that i am

wen junhui
but why
i dont mean to sound rude but isnt it better for you to stop giving me a shot like this

wen junhui
we only have a bit of time left to really be ourselves and i get this feeling theyll impose bigger restrictions so that ppl can get used to their characters faster

wen junhui
so its ok haohao
i think its better if you start distancing yourself from the future evil queen uk since who knows? i might curse you in the future
haha