⁸⁷ : live

"mingyu?" wonwoo knelt down beside him, mingyu breaking out in a cold sweat as he sat on the ground. "what's wrong?"

"i'm alright," mingyu murmured, wonwoo immediately pulling him into a hug. "also, is it just me but doesn't the campus feel a lot bigger than it originally was?"

wonwoo looked around, trying his best to identify which area of the school they were in but coming to a blank. now that mingyu mentioned it, wonwoo noticed how despite walking for a while now, they haven't been able to bump into anyone else that might've been trapped within the school grounds like them.

"it must be the curse," wonwoo said, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around mingyu who had begun shivering despite the heat of their surroundings. "gyu, are you okay?"

mingyu nodded weakly, his eyes trained on the floor, wonwoo only being able to see the crown of his head. "do you think we should go back to the others-"

wonwoo gently tilted his head up with his hand, eyes widening when he saw streaks of black streaming down mingyu's cheeks, the younger of the pair immediately trying to lower his head only for wonwoo to cup his face in his hands, his thumbs wiping away the black ooze.

"why didn't you tell me sooner?" mingyu's gaze lowered, partly ashamed of himself for not being able to hide the fact that he was struggling amidst an already difficult situation. wonwoo placed his forehead against mingyu's. "i-i don't like seeing you in pain."

wonwoo found mingyu's hands and interlocked their fingers, rubbing circles on the back of his hand.

"i didn't want to make you worry even more," mingyu uttered, closing his eyes as he felt a burning sensation creeping up his throat. "we've been through a lot."

the older chuckled, placing his lips on mingyu's forehead. "i-i've never been good with words but i think that's precisely why you should tell me how you're feeling. we have been through a lot but going through it all with you has been my...uh...my..." wonwoo trailed off, unable to find the proper words to express himself.

"you're my silver lining too wonwoo." mingyu finished his sentence for him, automatically knowing what he wanted to say next as if the universe itself had connected their souls with one another's. "i've really never loved someone as much as i love you wonu."

wonwoo smiled, kissing mingyu's forehead again before meeting his eyes that were slowly turning black.

"i love you too," wonwoo whispered, his words almost like an untold promise between them. "i'll always love you." mingyu smiled, wrapping his arms around wonwoo and resting his head on his shoulder, covering his mouth to stifle his own cough. "will...will you find me if...if we-"

"i'll always find you wonwoo," mingyu reassured, his tears burning his eyes as he looked at his own hand that had been stained with black chunks. "no matter what, i'll find you again."

"why does it feel like you're saying goodbye?"

mingyu coughed again, still holding tightly onto wonwoo to stop him from seeing the darkness creeping into his very veins.

"just in case," mingyu said, forcing the words out as his throat felt as though it had been set ablaze. "thank you for coming into my life jeon wonwoo."

wonwoo felt tears prick his eyes, wanting to look at mingyu but knowing full well that the younger wouldn't let him.

all he could do in that instance was nod, burying his head in the crook of mingyu's neck and taking in the scent that he had grown so fond of.

"thank you for-" he felt his hands go limp, the younger letting out a breath that gently caressed his neck. his tears fell, carefully wrapping his arms around mingyu and making sure his jacket was still on him. "-for being my everything."