⁷⁸ : one word

"so while i was suffering, you three were simply existing?" vernon, seungkwan and dino nodded, woozi letting out a sigh as his eyebrows furrowed. "how'd you guys get out in the first place?"

"well, technically, we aren't out yet — we're still in the book of tales. if anything, we're just flipping it's pages to try and get to a better tale," seungkwan said, vernon nodding enthusiastically and causing the crown on his head to fall onto the floor. "we might have been lucky but just hearing about what you went through makes me feel like the others may be in danger now," seungkwan added on, gently placing the crown back on vernons' head and causing the prince to smile to himself.

woozi stared at dino, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead while he leaned against the wall, eyes blinking rapidly as if to wake himself up. "as much as we want to save them, i don't think dino can take it," woozi commented, standing up and looking through the cabinets, a wave of relief washing over him when he found a basket of berries.

"what? no! i can handle it-" woozi shoved some berries into his mouth before he sat back down and offered the others some of it. "we need to find the others and get out of here," dino stated after hurriedly chewing and swallowing the food woozi had force-fed him.

vernon placed a hand on dinos' leg, his mouth full with berries. "woozi's right," he said, his words barely coherent. "i think a bit of rest won't hurt too badly and besides, if you run out of strength, we're all goners so you know...best to rest while we're still ahead."

"please swallow your food first." vernon did as told, seungkwan giving him a small thumbs up for doing so as woozi stared outside the house they were in.

with narrowed eyes, he could make out several shadows, all of which seemed to be pushing against one another to get a better view of the four who were clearly not from neverland. if he strained his ears enough, he could hear faint murmurs and slowly, he approached the window and pulled the curtains open revealing a group of eavesdropping lost boys who immediately fell backwards at the sight of him.

"don't worry. i'm not peter pan."

"w-we know," a lost boy stuttered. "but um...i-if your friend is lacking powers, there's a tree in the centre of neverland that could help recharge him! i-it holds a lot of pixie dust and it's the place where all magic here comes from! s-s-sorry for eavesdropping by the way."

woozi smiled at them and the lost boys, who were unable to hide their shock upon seeing peter pans' smile, gasped almost comically loud.

"let's go there then," dino said, eyes bleary as he attempted to stand, his legs shaking as he did.

woozi shook his head. "vernon, you come with me. seungkwan-"

"i'll take care of him," seungkwan finished his sentence for him, helping dino shuffle towards the bed. "stay safe okay?" he said, his gaze shifting from the pixie to the prince.

"we'll be safe kwannie," vernon reassured. and in what woozi assumed to be an aftermath of adrenaline and stupidity, vernon took hold of seungkwans' hand and kissed the back of his palm, seungkwan turning beetroot red.

woozi rolled his eyes, dragging vernon by the collar. "we'll be back soon," woozi said, seungkwan nodding as dinos' eyes shut, the god of mischief holding tightly onto seungkwans' hand even as he fell into a deep slumber.

–––

when jeonghan finally woke up, he didn't expect to find himself in yet another nightmare.

as he made a move towards the window, he felt a tug on his ankle, slowly lifting the hem of his skirt and seeing a lock wrapped around his ankle paired with a heavy duty chain that connected to the walls of the tower.