⁵⁸ : thank you

"cheers!" everyone clinked their glasses together, each taking a few sips before jeonghan and mingyu moved to check on the barbecue.

vernon watched as jun snuggled into minghao, the latter frowning but not pushing him away as they shared a blanket while wonwoo had trailed behind mingyu, the younger feeding him a cooked piece of meat the second he stood by him and fixing his hair nonchalantly.

by the campfire that had a mix of blue, green and purple flames, he saw woozi and seungcheol cooking multiple servings of ramen, talking in hushed voices which vernon could only assume was in regards to their relationship (or so he hoped).

and of course, his eyes landed on seungkwan, the boy picking his song on the karaoke machine while hoshi danced to dokyeoms' singing, dino filming the whole thing on his phone and laughing.

it was in moments like those that made vernon realise just how deep he had fallen for seungkwan.

he was just standing there, hair slightly disheveled and damp after taking a shower and already in his pajamas and yet, vernon still found him to be absolutely beautiful, even radiating some kind of heavenly glow despite how simple he appeared.

his thoughts embarrassed him so much to a point where he knew that the redness on his cheeks weren't due to alcohol consumption.

"why don't you sing with them?" joshua asked, inching his seat closer to vernon as he took another swig of beer. "you might be able to impress seungkwan with your vocal talent."

vernon shook his head, waving his hands around as if he were swatting invisible flies. "me? sing with him? that's like asking a peasant to become a god-"

"i heard god." dino turned around in his chair, stopping his recording and vernon could've sworn that he had super hearing. "what're we talking about?"

"vernon wants to sing with seungkwan-"

"i never said that! don't put words into my mouth bro," vernon said as he drank his beer. dino and joshua shared a look that vernon knew could only mean trouble. "please don't do anything stupid-"

"i'm nothing if it weren't for my stupid actions!" dino yelled, already standing up and taking a spare mic right before seungkwan started his song. "vernon's gonna sing too!"

the karaoke trio cheered and clapped but vernon became even more flustered when seungkwan had come to him and pulled him into their makeshift stage saying he had to perform.

"i-i don't even know this song dude!" he said into the mic but the music was already playing, the others also stopping what they were doing for a moment and clapping along.

"i'm with you anyways so just have fun!" seungkwan said, counting the beats for him as joshua and dino took tambourines and began playing a beat that dokyeom and hoshi did some kind of dance too. "sing with me okay?" seungkwan said, locking eyes with vernon just as the first lyrics popped onto screen.

one song become two and two became five and by the time the songs ended, everyone cheered but the one who cheered the loudest was none other than seungkwan, the boy giving him a pat on the back and saying he did great.

he didn't know if it was the beer, the starry night or the smell of the meat being cooked but before he knew it, he had wrapped seungkwan up in a hug, resting his head on his shoulder.

if seungkwan was shocked, he didn't show it. instead, he reciprocated the hug, leaning comfortably against vernon.

vernon knew that everyone else was there but frankly, he didn't care because in that moment, it felt as though it was just the two of them and he knew then that he had found his perfect match in the form of boo seungkwan.