⁸² : save me

"is this wonderland?"

the second dino woke up from his slumber, he immediately sprung back into action, the pixie dust flowing through his veins giving him a rush of adrenaline he didn't know he needed until experiencing it for himself.

and thus, the four of them soon found themselves in yet another unfamiliar territory, the scent of vanilla and cinammon instantly hitting them the moment they landed there.

they looked around in awe at the various shapes and colours of buildings that surrounded them and knew that they had indeed found the wonderland that hoshi was destined to become a part of.

vernon walked towards a building and looked inside it from the windows, frowning when he saw nothing inside apart from a few tables and chairs. "this place seems abandoned though," he commented, woozi's eyes turning gold as he sent pixie dust flying, surveying each and every building to confirm whether or not what vernon had said was true.

"for an abandoned village, it sure smells nice," dino said, each breath he took filled with a sweet aroma. "maybe it's a holiday of sorts for the people of wonderland." as he spoke, seungkwan plucked a flower from a bush, yellow and blue staining the very fingers that had touched it.

once the pixie dust returned to woozi, his eyes slowly returned back to their normal state. "it's a ghost town here," he stated. "also don't touch anything — wonderland is a dangerous world." seungkwan dropped the flower and kicked it inside the bush.

"well, what should we do now? we can't just go 'hey hoshi come out' so-" the sound of footsteps were heard, the group of 4 immediately running behind a building to hide. "what is that?" vernon asked, holding seungkwan's hand in his as they peeked out.

a green ball appeared in dino's hand, the god silently rolling it down by the side of the building.

the ball kept rolling and rolling, everything seemingly getting out of its way until it suddenly stopped at the foot of a masked man, dino instinctively getting ready to trap whoever it was should they wish them harm.

the masked man picked up the ball and turned it over and over again in his hands. and just before dino could snap his fingers to imprison whoever he was, the man took off his cover, revealing who he was underneath the heavily decorated mask.

"hoshi?" woozi's eyes widened as he stepped out from their hiding spot, staring hoshi straight in the eyes.

it didn't take long for the boy to recognise him, dropping the ball in his hand and running over to envelop him in a tight hug. "wooz, you're here!"

there was no hesitation in his words, his voice falling out effortlessly unlike before when he would struggle to say a single complete sentence.

while they hugged, the others approached them, seungkwan holding onto vernon's hand before the boy could interrupt the hug between the pair. "how'd you guys find me?" hoshi asked, woozi standing still within his arms.

"pure luck," dino said, smiling when he saw hoshi in a good state. "but now that we found you, we should go find the others so that we can leave-"

"leave?" hoshi's arms slackened around woozi, the boy letting go of the pixie. "what...what do you mean leave?"

"to go back to our world? we don't belong here and besides, the others are waiting for us-"

"would it...would it be so bad for us to stay here instead?" when woozi looked into hoshi's eyes, he saw shocking amount of desperation, the boy seemingly shackled to wonderland without even noticing it. "i mean, we're safe enough here! and besides, the real world isn't very good either so, can't we just stay here?"