𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑖𝑥

__________________

{ Freedom }

Chapter Six - Death and Doctors The Walking Dead Written by Indigo__________________cw for: blood seizures character death

The Walking Dead
Written by Indigo
__________________
cw for:
blood
seizures
character death

"That was the best dinner I think I've ever had," Glenn said cheerfully as he sauntered out the kitchen door.

"you said it, man, we were eating like kings" Mercades joked, lightly shoving her elbow into Glenn's side. Glenn started to respond but it was then when Mercy heard light coughing. "hold that thought," She said to Glenn, her finger extended to him.

Mercy stepped into the small bedroom to see Rick and Lori cradling Carl.

"where are we?" Carl asked, his voice full of fear and confusion.

"Hey, little man. That's Hershel, we're in his house." Rick said, gesturing to the older man next to them,
"you and Mercy had an accident, all right?" Rick said looking over to the redhead who stood in the corner. Carl glanced over at her, a worried expression on his face,

"It hurts, a lot," Carl said. Lori stroked the boy's hairline,

"I know baby" She assured.

"you should have seen it." Lori raised an eyebrow,

"seen what?" She quizzed, looking down at her son with happy eyes.

"the deer" and with that, tears began to well in the corner of Mercy's eyes. "It was so pretty mom, wasn't it mercy?" Carl said. Mercy smiled at the young boy,

"It was, I was really pretty," Mercy said. Carl smiled at her, one of those smiles that tell you everything's going to be okay.

"It was so close... I've never been..." Carl said, but seemed to have lost his words. But mercy realized it was much worse than that. Carl let out a long breath and he went limp. Mercy let out a small sob and her hand flew to her mouth.

"Carl?" Rick called out, but Carl didn't respond.

"What's happening?" Lori asked, but as soon as she asked, carl began to shake rapidly. Rick and Lori reached out to grab ahold of them but Hershel told them to stop immediately, and told them to just wait it out.

Lori walked over and pulled Mercy into her arms, shielding her eyes from the scene in front of them. Mercy began to let out quiet sobs as she heard the bed creak with carls movements. Lori began to cry as well, and rick pulled both of them into a hug.