Chapter 4: Meeting the Freedom Fighters

I DO NOT OWN THE IMAGES!

"STAN! STAN, WHERE ARE YOU!?!" Neo shouted as he was running through the dark corridor. He didn't know how he got here, but he knew his friend was nearby. And the only path he can go is forward or backwards in a straight line. So he decided to continue forward and hop that he's not too late.

"Fool."

"All because of friendship?"

"You know nothing."

"You're better off."

"We're better off."

These voices were heard in every direction. Neo tried to ignore them as much as possible, but the voices were getting too loud and too strong. He can tell that these voices are from some people he knew of a long time ago when he became friends with Stan. He understood that Stan had a good heart and cared for Anthros and Humans to co-exist. He also knew Stan had PTSD and a fragile heart. As a result, people often takes advantage of that just to get him out of the picture. Neo was not like that. He knew Stan was a great friend and that he needed to rescue him as soon as possible.

"You're throwing your future away."

"He's trouble."

"You'll be ignored and forgotten if you continue."

"forget him."

"Let him suffer."

"SHUT UP!" Neo shouted at the voices. Then, he spotted something in the distance. One quick glance and he knew who it was. "Stan! Stan, is that you?!"

 But before he could get a response, he started to hear laughter

But before he could get a response, he started to hear laughter. The laughter is comprised of many different people, echoing, getting louder, and sinister. Then, Neo see's red eyes glowing from the figure, before he dashes towards him.

"AAAH!" Neo screamed before he got up. Just as he did, he felt a sudden jolt of pain on his arms and held onto them, only to feel bandages wrapped around. He didn't know who put them on, but he soon remembered what happened:

He was facing a metal foe with Fay and they were losing. Metal Sonic scraped his arms with such burning speed that it felt like they were on fire. Then, when they were about to die, Neo used some sort of ability that froze time and gave him the chance to cut Metal Sonic in half and won, but not before he passed out from both the power and the pain.

That's when he suddenly began to panic. Where is Fay? Where is he? And what happened to the prisoners? Not wanting to find out, he slowly got out of bed and looked around. He was not in pain anymore, but felt stiff. The room he was in is not horrible. It was a nice small bedroom with the whole thing made of wood. This meant that whoever took him is not one of Robotnik's henchmen, considering that there is no pollution. Speaking of which, the air was crisp and clean. Neo was finally able to get a good deep breath without coughing or gagging.