Chapter 9: Lower Mobius

Snively arrived back to Robotropolis, fuming and swearing about his failed attempt to take down the Freedom Fighters and steal both the Chaos Emerald and the Master Emerald. Never has he felt such humiliation from the resistances not once, but twice! This was almost too much for him to bare.

"Stupid Echidna! Stupid Hedgehog! Stupid friend of the GamerKnight! I will make them all pay! And I know what to do to start off." Snively smirked.

He walked to the room where Stan was being held captured until they received the emeralds to Roboticize him to be their ultimate warrior of destruction. Without them, the armor would resist the process for Stan's safety. But that dosen't mean they would torture him for pleasure. That was Snively's intention to let off some lose steam. But as he arrived, he gasped.

In the chamber where Stan should be, he was not there. It was empty.

"WHAT!? WHERE IS HE!?!" Snively looked everywhere within the chamber to find him, fearing that Robotnik's fury would not be held back. Unfortunately, he was behind him.

"Snively." Robotnik said in a calming, yet menacing tone that is about to explode in rage.

Snively gulped. "Y...Y...Yes Sir?"

"Where is the GamerKnight?"

"Um...he...is not here."

"I can see that...but WHERE!?!" Robotnik shouted as he grabbed Snively.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Snively panicked for his dear life as he looked directly at his uncle's stare of death.

"GAAAAAH! ALL UNITS! THE GAMERKNIGHT HAS ESCAPED! FIND HIM! AND BRING HIM TO ME, ALIVE!!! FIND HIM!!!!" Robotnik screamed at the top of his lungs that it echoed throughout the giant fortress.

Underground, Stan was following Griff through the tunnels to escape from Robotropolis. All the while, Stan was trying to catch up. It wasn't because of the speed, but because of him remaining in that prison without food and water and had to rely on his armor's support. He was worn out.

"You ok?" Griff asked worryingly.

"Yea...I'll be ok. I just need to get food and water soon. I can't rely on my armor forever." Stan said.

"Well don't worry. Once we reach to my place, I'll give you some."

"And where is that at?"

"Lower Mobius." Right before Stan could ask, the alarm went off around Robotropolis. And they can even hear SWATBots running and flying around with their lights on. "Let's hurry!"

Stan didn't waste time and picked up the pace, ignoring his weaken state.

They went through several paths and hid several times to avoid detection. It was difficult, but the 2 eventually made it to the ground level where there were several large pipes. Griff looked around to see if the coast was clear before pressing the buttons. The secret door on the pipe opened, revealing a vehicle inside.

"All aboard to Lower Mobius." Griff announced.

Stan and Griff got in the seats and strapped themselves in before closing the door just in time. Griff worked on the controls and they were moving through the tunnels. Stan took this opportunity to rest.

"Thank you Griff. I didn't think I could survive there for another week." Stan said.

"It was no problem. After all, no one deserved to be treated this badly by Robotnik." Griff smiled.

"Not even me?"

"Especially not you."

Stan smiled. Hearing that made his spirit at ease for a bit. He decided to close his eyes in order to rest a bit more while Griff continues to move them to their destination.