𝒾𝒾. 𝓉𝑒𝓃: own ghosts

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : biting down - lorde

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

ii. ten ❝own ghosts❞

✵✵✵

Small Heath, Birmingham

The following morning, Marianna James stirred from her sleep, her mind restless and her body weary. The events of the previous night, particularly the encounter in the stable, had left her tossing and turning, unable to find solace in slumber.

As she made her way to the kitchen, she found Diego and Tia sharing a moment of laughter, their joyous sounds echoing through the room.

"What's so amusing?" Marianna inquired, her curiosity piqued as she greeted Tia with a peck on the cheek.

Diego, ever the provocateur, couldn't resist a jab.

"Your face," he smirked, gesturing to her disheveled appearance. "What happened to you? You look dreadful."

Tia joined in with laughter as Mar scowled, attempting in vain to tame her tousled straw-blonde locks.

"Not the most pleasant greeting for the morning, Diego." She retorted, feeling a pang of annoyance.

"Morning? It's nearly ten o'clock, Marianna." Diego chuckled, reveling in her irritation.

"I'll need something stronger than tea." She muttered, shaking her head in exasperation.

Diego's grin widened mischievously. "Perhaps a punch to the face would wake you up, Mar?" he suggested, earning himself a spoon hurled in his direction.

Amused by the banter between her son and niece, Tia watched with fondness. Despite their occasional squabbles, she cherished these moments when they were together, filling the house with their lively exchanges.

A gentle knock interrupted the serene atmosphere of the household, drawing Tia's attention away from the playful banter between her niece and son.

She approached the door and swung it open, revealing a stunning blonde woman standing on the doorstep, adorned in a burgundy skirt, a crisp white blouse, and a matching cardigan, topped with a vibrant red hat.

"Is Marianna up?" The woman's soft voice inquired, her accent lending a certain charm to her words as she met Tia's gaze.

"Just a moment," Tia replied before raising her voice. "Marianna, there's someone here for you!"

Within moments, the lively chatter from the kitchen subsided, and Marianna emerged, a slice of bread dangling from her mouth, her hazel eyes curious.