𝓋𝒾. 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇: my friend

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : monsters - seafret

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

vi. thirty-four: ❝ my friend 

✵✵✵

Small heath, Birmingham

The seconds that pass have become such an erratic process.

These resemble the cold weather gusset, except the gusset indicates a more even edge, but these seconds are closer to a jagged row of knots made by an uncertain thumb. You never know how much you'll unearth until you venture forth.

Polly did not meet Grace as planned once she changed clothes. Instead, she lingered with Marianna.

"Grace had been the one who alerted Harry about the coppers in Deritend." Mar recounted while she traipsed through her belongings in search of the white piece of paper.

The finest beauty of battle is to conquer the foe without engaging in combat, and just what easier method of eliminating an opponent than by utilizing one's guile?

And this is precisely what the women inside the betting shop are about to undertake. They'll make sense of the dilemma and utilise it to their advantage.

Mar was just about to read the letter Grace had handed her the day prior when she began to tremble, not from anxiety but from madness. The honey blonde may be the sweetest of the lot, yet if she is made to look foolish, all hell will break loose.

A neat feminine cursive clouded her sight after her graceful fingertips opened the parchment. While she read over the contents of the piece, the James woman decided to stand up. Polly kept a close watch on her, her gypsy senses ajar in the intention of sensing the girls' reactions.

────────────────

Dear Marianna,

Foremost, I wanted to make it clear in this letter that I am not sorry for the supplementary things I've done. I am only repentant that we couldn't meet in any other state of affairs. If we had, maybe we could have been best of friends.

After you read this, I'm perchance filling to flee Small Heath. At that point you've already known that I am not open with you. Hitherto, let me straighten it up and about. My name is Grace Burgess, a clandestine individual on behalf of the king, and I have come to your town to find the missing guns. In order to do just that, I needed a story, a friend, and there you hail from.