𝒾𝓋. 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒: family day, or not (ed.)

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : achilles come down - gang of youths

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

iv. twenty-five: family day (or not)

✵✵✵

Small heath, Birmingham

Marianna and Thomas had not slept much that night, but they also did not talk to one another at all. They only lay in bed side by side, embracing the consoling warmth that emanates from one another; at home, in Thomas's consciousness.

The two rest there, watching the shadows abandon the sky, light repaving and helping bring faith to anyone and everyone. A new day to be better, to atone for one's misdeeds. However, things work differently for Thomas Shelby. Because he came to know that with each fresh day he saw, there'd be sins lying in wait for someone like him to perpetrate, and the day after that, and the one after that. It's a never-ending loop, inside which he keeps dragging the female bartender.

A loop of transgressions that could either help bolster Marianna James by his side or end up making her utterly despise him and consider leaving.

The next day, at ten a.m., Thomas, Arthur, Diego, and Marianna walk through the muddy trail towards where John and the other blinders have all been queuing up.

Earlier that early morning, Thomas and Polly had a heated argument because Polly wanted Mar to join her, hoping to keep the woman out of distress for quite a while, and yet Thomas demanded that Mar remain next to him, not willing to divert his full attention from her in any way to sustain her safety.

As predicted, the woman felt like shit. All she wished to do was seal herself in her house, and yet she probably wouldn't be able to because Zilpha expected her to attend the wedding, and it'd be unimaginable for her not to witness this momentous occasion in her best friend's life.

"John, Ready?" Thomas went to ask as the four of them arrived at the scene.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." John replied, and Marianna could sense John's delayed reaction to the inquiry. He may be stupid at times, but he is not shortsighted.

"Have a drink." Arthur said, handing over his flask to John, who gladly accepted it and drank the contents.

As they all watch John Shelby drink, the air all around them dilates, and so as he manages to finish, handing back the flask to Arthur, his gaze manages to land on Mar, who's already looking directly at him with conflicting feelings crafted in her retina.