𝓋𝒾. 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒: soldier's minute

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : ascending heaven - asyndeton

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

vi. thirty-five: ❝ soldier's minute 

✵✵✵

Small heath, Birmingham

One minute.

Marianna vividly remembers learning from the mouths of those who came from the war that it was what they called the soldier's minute

They will have one minute to experience everything all at once, and after that they'll have zero concept of what will happen following. 

After one minute, they may be still breathing, scarcely, or nothing at all.

These are among the things racing through the honey-blond gypsy's mind as she walks to her destination, hoping that her boys will return unscathed just like that one minute, and they'll drink the rest of the evening to rejoice. 

Then, likely, just maybe, Tommy was correct. 

Everything is going to be different after such one minute of anything and everything unfolding in one go.

She was hurrying swiftly, practically tripping through the sludge pathway when a figure burst through a door. The blonde's brow furrowed, then arched. "Ada? W—" Yet, she was hushed when Ada tossed her something like a clothing.

"Wear those or just let us through." the girl ordered, her eyes darting back and forth between the baffled countenance and the black hat and overcoat Mar was carrying.

"And to where do you think you'll be going? It's dangerous for you as well as..." Mar's focus was drawn to Karl's pushchair.

"I'm going to bring an end to this war even before it begins."

"You are quite a dumb girl," she remarks sharply while she stalks near Ada. "Absolutely utterly stupid."

"Perhaps I am, but I'm not going to allow any of my brothers to die today!" Ada declared, and Marianna understood her dread. "Now, either wear that and join me, or let us through and I'll do my business."

Mar came to a halt, observed for a fraction of a second. As a slow but steady smirk appeared on her young face, her soul leaped in purpose. "Why'd I fork the entire pleasure unto you?"

Hurriedly slipping on the black outfit and sliding her handgun in one of the slots before supporting Ada with Karl's pram. They go. If all those men believe they can flail their dicks about the place to argue their point, then Tommy is in for quite a laugh.