[03]

Lucas and Dustin finally returned from, what Sara figured was, school. She was smarter than Eleven in that way, but it was only because she spent her younger years outside in the real world. She didn't remember all of it, but she remembered the little things.

Dustin closed the door behind them slowly, they both stared in awe at Eleven and Sara sitting with their legs crossed on Mike's bed. To them, the two girls looked like complete freaks.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas asked his friend, trying to wrap his head around why keeping this all a secret could have been a good idea.

"Just listen to me!" Mike exclaimed but Lucas cut him off quickly, "You are out of your mind!"

"They know about Will."

"What do you mean they know about Will?" Dustin asked.

Mike went over to pick up their science fair picture, "Eleven pointed at his picture. Her and Sara knew he was missing. I could tell."

"You named them?!" Lucas was in shock, treating them nearly like dogs. It made Sara a little angry, but she was treated worse than a dog her whole life.

"That's not the point Lucas." Mike rolled his eyes, "Do you really think it was a coincidence we found them on Mirkwood, the same place where Will disappeared?"

Dustin began to agree, like the peacemaker Sara figured he was, and Mike continued, "And El said bad people are after them. I think maybe these bad people are the same ones that took Will. I think they know what happened to him."

"Then why don't they tell us?" Lucas asked and Sara looked down, wishing she could make him understand. But frankly, she didn't understand herself. "Do you know where he is?"

"Stop it, you're scaring them!"

"They should be scared." Lucas said loudly. "If you two know where he is, tell us! This is nuts. We have to take them to your mom."

"No! Eleven said telling any adult would put us danger."

"What kind of danger?" Dustin said very scared. Mike put up a finger gun and held it up to Dustin's head and then over to Lucas'. The same gesture as El did to him. Lucas slapped his hand away, clearly just freaked out. "No, no, no! We're going back to plan A. We're telling your mom. But first they're gonna tell us where Will is."

Lucas turned back to Eleven and grabbed her forcefully, "Do you know where Will is?" Eleven looked over at Sara frightened. Her sister eyes almost begged for help and her protective instincts took over like always.

Sara got up off her place on the bed and shoved Lucas back. Flying forcefully to the other side of the room, Lucas hit his back on the wall. She stood there shocked herself, not meaning to hit him that harshly. He shook his head confused and got up in fear at what she had just done to him. Lucas looked back at the wall of where he landed and the dry wall was completely shattered. Trying to to run out the door Lucas opened it once, and it slammed back shut immediately.

He tried once more and it did the exact same thing. The lock turned and they looked back at the pair of sisters in shock. Blood rolled down both of their noses and they continued to glare at the boys, "No."

—05—

As Mike, his friends, and family had dinner, Eleven decided to start to walk down the stairs to go down to the basement so she could play with the radio. Sara tried to grab her, tell her no and that it was not worth it, but Eleven was too quick to catch her.