[14]

Siting around the Byers household, Jonathan and Nancy comforted Will on the couch. Sara and Steve sat on the dining table by Hopper who was on the phone. "Sam Owens. Dr. Sam Owens... I don't know how many people are there! I don't know how many people are left alive!... I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!... Yes, the number that I gave you, yes. 6767. I will be here."

He hung up the phone aggressively. "They didn't believe you did they?" Dustin asked blatantly.

"We'll see."

"We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike said to Hopper.

He looked angry down at Mike, "We stay here, and we wait for help." He began to walk away and Sara sat up following him.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he sighed. "Not at all that great kid, how bout you?"

"Not at all that great." She repeated him and he smiled making his eyes over to the boy she road in the car with.

"That the Steve I've been hearing about?" He said making her cover her face out of embarrassment.

"Hey he saved my ass a lot tonight."

"Well that's what he's supposed to do."

Sara paused for a moment and leaned in, "How's Eleven? I'm sure she's been wondering where I've been the last couple of days and I-"

"She's been gone." Hopper said pinching his nose. "She-She ran away. I thought she'd go looking after you but then once I couldn't find you. I... I thought you two.. ran away. From me." She could hear a slight crack in his voice.

"I didn't leave. In fact, this entire time I was looking for you. I knew where she goes, you go." Sara said.

"Who's she?"

"Joyce."

Hopper rolled his eyes changing the subject, "I don't know if Eleven is okay. All I know is, she's not back in the lab and now I've lost a lot of my hope thinking that she was with you."

"Eleven will come back, she always does." She said looking at the door, just hoping she would just magically walk in but that would have a lot of explaining to do to everyone else in the room who thinks she's dead.

Hopper said that he was going to go talk to Joyce and Sara nodded heading her way back to the group she was in prior. All of the kids looked down at the table in depressed states.

Sara walked over to Steve who leaned against the stove. "You okay?"

"You ever get tired of asking me that, Hopper?" He said chuckling a little.

"Hey, at least I care." She leaned back too.

"Was it good seeing your dad?" Steve asked, looking at her still in his jacket. He liked it on her.

"Yeah, I missed him." She sighed. "But I miss Eleven too."

"Yeah, I know." He said wrapping his arm around her. "She'd be really proud of you. You may not know it, Sara, but you're a hero in my book."

She smiled and looked up into his eyes for a while. "Since when did Steve Harrington get so sweet?" His eyes dropped down from hers to her lips and back up.

A nervous breath escaped her as she heard Mike speak. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?"

"Really?" Lucas asked as they all watched Mike.

He walk back to them with a blue object in his hand, "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"