[20]

Sara shook her head no and started to look at the ground, not listening to the rest of their conversation. Why would Steve not tell her that? He seemed so confident about getting in. Every time she asked, he would say his letter just hadn't arrived yet. She wanted to go to UCLA, but she wanted her boyfriend more.

"Hey guys!" Mike yelled getting her attention and they all turned back. "This is fun and all but—"

"I have to go home." Eleven said as Mike tapped on his watch with a mischievous grin.

"No you don't you little shit." Sara said bluntly. She didn't mean to come off harsh, but she was angry about the news Lucas has given her and Eleven knew that.

"We're almost there." Dustin said pointing at the top of the mountain.

"Sorry, man." Mike shrugged. "Curfew. Come on, let's go."

"Good luck." Eleven told them as they ran off holding hands.

"Are y'all just gonna walk?" Sara yelled but they ignored her. She huffed watching them giggle and run down the mountain hand in hand.

"Curfew at 4:00?" Dustin asked looking down at his watch.

Will held the sleeping bag to his chest, "They're lying. It's been like this all summer."

"It's romantic." Max snapped back at him making Sara and Will roll their eyes in disagreement.

"It's gross." Will explained.

"It's bullshit." Dustin added, which made her look over at him. "I just got home. Their loss, right?"

Sara nodded and patted him on the shoulder, "Their loss. I'm ready to meet your Juliet."

"Onwards and upwards!" Dustin said back to her optimtimism. He loved the way she could always cheer him up. "Suzie awaits!"

Everyone sighed, except for Sara, who turned around. Will stood there not making his way up the mountain and had a concerned look on his face. Sara looked back at Dustin and back to Will before making her way down to the lonely boy.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked, wiping sweat off her forehead.

Will nodded, touching the back of his neck, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Don't lie to me, Byers." She said making him chuckle softly.

"Im- not.. lying. I just wish Mike and Eleven were more involved." Which this wasn't a full on lie, as he did miss having them around. His life went to shit the year prior and he felt as though he never got to return.

Sara nodded in understanding and looked back up at the couple, who was still strolling down the hill. "Will! Sara! Come on." Dustin yelled at them, making her groan and they both ran their way up the hill.

After what felt like hours, Dustin finally sat his bag down. "Made it."

"Yeah it only took five hours." Sara mumbled. "I should've just drove the truck up this shit."

"Why couldn't we just play D&D?" Will said making Sara raise her arms up. She didn't even know the damn game but anything was better than the extreme heat.