[15]

Hopper rushed in with a pen and paper making all of them get up suddenly. Sara's face was still bright red from tears, so Steve guided her to the back of the group to less likely be seen by others.

Sara looked over her dads shoulder to see what he was writing. "I think he's talking, just not with words." He said as he wrote down symbols.

"What is that?" Steve asked.

And everyone answered.

"Morse code."

He began to feel like an idiot once again and Sara held his hand again, squeezing it a couple of times in morse code. "What did you just say to me?" He whispered over to her.

"The less you know the better."

She actually signed over to him: You're stupid. But he didn't have to know that.

"H-E-R-E." Hopper said and they all said the word aloud. "Will's still in there. He's talking to us."

—05—

Sara wrote down the dots and dashes as she heard them tapped to her by Dustin. She wrote quickly, "C!" Lucas and Sara yelled out loud. Nancy wrote down the letter.

Sara heard more taps and lifted her pen up. "L." She told Nancy making her nod.

"Dot, dash-" Dustin breathed over her and Sara broke her pencil in frustration on the table. "Dustin!"

"Sorry!"

"O!" She yelled over to Nancy as Steve put another pencil down beside her.

The beeping continued, "S."

"E."

"G."

"A."

"T."

"E."

The beeping stopped and Sara ran over to Nancy's paper to look at the message.

"Close gate." They all said unanimously.

"Sara, could you close the gate?" Dustin asked making her shrug in a stressful manner.

"I-I don't know. I've never opened or closed one like Eleven has. I did once... but it wasn't real. It was in the tank, like a hallucination."

Dustin looked at her and grabbed her shoulders making her raise a brow, "Sara look at me." She stared at him dead in the eye. "Look at me!"

"I'm looking at you!" She screamed back at him.

"You can close the gate. You can. And if you can't, well then the whole world is destroyed and Will is dead." He said smiling.

She didn't answer for a couple of seconds, "Thanks Dustin... that helps a lot."

"No problem!" He replied back.

The phone rang making them all jump and Dustin screamed, "Shit! Shit!" He picked up the phone and placed it gently back down, the ringing started to pick up against and Sara groaned, picked up the phone before slamming it back down, breaking it the machine in half. Pieces fell on the floor and she looked back rolling her eyes.

"Do you think he heard that?" Max sighed.

"It's just a phone." Steve said. "It could be anywhere. Right?"

Sara shrugged assuming he was right. Phones went off all the time, everywhere. But at the same time, she was scared they were underestimating the Mind Flayer's abilities.

They were at peace until they heard monsters screech in the distance. They all went to look through the windows and Sara closed her eyes tightly, knowing a war was about to break out once again."That's not good." Dustin said solemnly.