[09] season two

Sara looked over at Hopper who was dropping her off at Hawkins High School. "I don't understand why I can go to school but Eleven can't."

Hopper lit a cigarette and looked at his newly adoptive daughter carefully, "I want you to go through that sentence again word for word." Referring to the fact her name was a number. "She's not like you, Sara. It's easier for them to believe she's dead if you're alive. She's immature. She's dangerous and—"

"Wanted." Sara finished, not looking at him in the eye. "I'm not wanted."

Hopper touched the scalp of her freshly done hair and shook his head pointing toward the car door, "Get out of here before I change my mind."

Sara smiled, holding onto the straps of her backpack. Hopper had bought her some new clothes, which he several times had to take back to the store for a different size.

Her hair and makeup was freshly done. She got a haircut since the year before and read too many cosmo magazines about the guide to "fresh faces." She cared a lot about her appearance. She never had to before and she enjoyed caring.

She walked down the school parking lot. Steve and Nancy talked in his car until he paused. Moving his mirror sharply. It squeaked and Nancy laughed, "What?"

"Sorry, I just thought I saw..." He paused a moment and laughed at his stupidity. "Nothing. Nevermind."

Sara walked into the office and perked her ears up at the sound of her name, "Sara Hopper?"

She nodded and the receptionist held up her schedule. "Here is your schedule and your locker number is in the top right corner. If you have any trouble finding anything, just let someone know. The principal will walk you to your first class."

Sara looked down at the piece of paper and back up to the red headed lady, who started to knock on the principals door. "The chiefs daughter is here. Would you mind walking her to her first class?"

The principal came out and shook her hand. He looked at her and back down at his hand, pulling it away slowly. He moved his wrist around and stretched his hand out. "Strong grip you got there, Miss Hopper."

"So I've been told."

He guided her down the halls giving her a small tour on the way to her first class. He stopped suddenly at a door and looked in the window. He grabbed Sara's schedule to double check and nodded, "This is Mr. Donnelly. He is your first period physics teacher."

He knocked on the door and heard a faint, "Come in."

Opening the door, the principal let Sara walk in first. She nodded a thank you to him for holding the door. "Class, this is our new student, Sara Hopper. I'd like all of you to be very welcoming. Or else, you'll get arrested." The room was quiet as he laughed at his own joke.

Steve talked to one of the basketball players in his first period. "New girl." His friend said slyly. Steve ate silently, mouth full of his breakfast burrito.

Turning around, Steve spit out some of the burrito in his mouth at the sight of her. The whole class began to laugh at his reaction and Sara's face got extremely hot.

"That was a nice display there, Mr. Harrington. Something you're just dying to tell our new student?" Mr. Donnelly said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Welcome to Hawkins High." Steve mumbled with a mouth full of burrito.

"You can take a seat in front of Mr. Harrington. Let me know if he bothers you too much." The teacher pointed toward the seat and she nodded making her way over. Sara ignored his glare as she sat down. In fact, she avoided all of his eye contact.