[07]

Nancy and Sara laid low at the police station for Sara's sake. She was almost shaking in fear being in front of so much authority. "Just act normal, Sara. You look like everybody else here." Nancy told her as a lady was going to get her ice for Jonathan. "Do you think we'll be out of here soon?"

"You two, yes. Him, no." She wrapping a towel over the ice pack. "He assaulted a police officer."

"How long are you gonna keep him?" Nancy asked and the women raised her eyebrows.

"You and your boyfriend have big plans, do you?" She asked making Sara smirk a little.

Nancy chuckled crossing her arms, "He's not my boyfriend."

"I think you better tell him that," She said making Nancy confused, "Only love make you that crazy, sweetheart. And that damn stupid." She handed over the ice pack to Nancy.

"What's your name, dear?" She looked past Nancy to the blonde. Everybody knew of everybody in Hawkins, and nobody knew her.

"That's my cousin. She's from Sweden." Nancy answered for her.

The women hummed pushing up her glasses, "Hm, she looks like someone I used to know."

—05–

Sara sat nearly asleep in a chair. Hopper and Joyce walked into the police station. Joyce confronted her son and asked him what happened. "Why is he wearing handcuffs?"

"Well, your boy assault a police officer. That's why." Callahan tried to say.

"Take them off."

"I'm afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!" Joyce demanded.

Hopper took of his hat, "You heard her. Take them off."

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you gotta see." He said referring to the weapons in the trunk of Jonathan's car.

Next thing Sara knew she was being shaken awake by Nancy. "Wake up, Sara. We have to go talk to the chief."

"Okay, let me go to the bathroom really quick." Sara said and Nancy nodded at her, pointing to the bathroom.

She felt everyone was looking at her in a strange way. Not like before, it was worse than before. She stared at herself in the mirror and touched her cheeks and hair.

She turned on the faucet splashing water into her face and wiped it off with a paper towel. Sara couldn't be normal. She never felt normal. Part of her didn't like looking like everyone else when she felt so different from everyone else.

Sara asked the receptionist where the chiefs office was, and she pointed her in the right direction. After Sara knocked on the door, she heard a firm "come in."

She walked inside and didn't look up until she closed the door. Her head came up and she made eye contact with who she assumed was the chief. "Hi." She said softly, not thinking anything of it.

Hopper stared at her. A longing stare. Longer than normal.  A feeling that had left him a long time ago had returned and it made him sick to his stomach. He felt like he needed to say something, but there wasn't anything he could say.

Joyce looked at him and back at Sara. "You two know each other?" And Sara shook her head no. 

She stuck her hand out to Hopper and Joyce, "I'm Sara."