chapter 3- pancakes make everything better

"Dude! How come when Leo brings a dead person to the lair he doesn't get in trouble but when I brought Leather-head it was an issue!"

"For the hundredth time Mikey, she's not dead! She simply fainted from shock and lack of sleep. Oh yeah, and last time Leather-head was here, he GRABBED ME BY THE FACE AND SHOOK ME LIKE A MARACA!"

"Guys! Be quiet! You're going to wake her up!"

"Yeah I think it's a little late for that fearless." The four brothers turned to your lying figure as you stirred on the couch and a small groan left your lips. "Looks like sleeping beauty's finally up."

Your eyes slowly opened to see an unfamiliar place with four large turtles surrounding you.

"Ugh. Geez, how hard did I hit my head to hallucinate four talking turtles?"

"Hmm. While it's not uncommon to hallucinate after suffering a concussion, this isn't the case." The taller one spoke, looking down upon you.

You sat up wide eyed as you quickly scooted towards the very edge of the couch, away from the large reptiles. You licked your cracked lips as you opened and closed your mouth trying to form words, looking like a fish out of water.

"Who are you people?" You finally found your voice, cringing slightly at your word choice.

'Oh god, why did I just call them people? Does that offend them? Are they gonna kill me? Why are they just staring at me? Can they smell my fear? Wait, do turtles even have noses? Oh my god I'm freaking out!' You quietly panicked in your head, wondering what their next move was going to be.

The turtle in blue you had met previously approached you slowly with his hands out in front of him, attempting not to scare you. "Hey hey it's ok. Like I said before, we're not gonna hurt you." He spoke in a soothing voice as he gestured towards the others. "These are my brothers. The one in orange is Mikey," The lease intimidating one of them quickly shot you a genuine smile and waved his hand. "that over there is Donnie," The tallest of the brothers wearing a purple mask sheepishly grinned at you, exposing his oddly cute gap in his teeth. "this is Raph," The one in red just continued to stare at you with a small scowl. "and I'm-"

"Leo right?" You cut him off. The four of them looked at you in confusion. "I-I remember they yelled your name yesterday when you saved me." You stammered quickly as you explained yourself. He gave you a grin, exposing his pearly white teeth with a picture perfect smile that in any other case, you would've thought to be charming.

"Yeah, I'm Leo."

"Well it's nice to meet you all but, why am I here?" You asked, slowly gaining your confidence back, continuing to have your guard up. Before Leo could answer, you heard soft footsteps approaching.

"Ah. It appears our guest is awake." You all turned to see a giant rat in a robe in front of you. You would have been scared because of how intimidating he looked, but his aura said differently. He had a nurturing look in his eyes as he approached you, his presence seemed comforting, a type of comfort a father would provide his children. "It is alright my child, we mean you no harm. My name is Master Splinter, and I would hope my sons would have the common courtesy to have properly introduce themselves."

'Sons?'

"Y-yeah. I'm just still confused on why I'm here." He hummed as he looked down at you, thoughtfully stroking his beard.

"Hm. Well it seems as though you've gotten yourself in a bit of trouble."

"You remember those guys you ran into yesterday?" Leo asked you. Your eyebrows furrowed as you slowly nodded your head. "Well they're a gang known as the purple dragon. They're dangerous and they're looking for you."