chapter 16- love advice and handsome distractions

You continued to toss and turn in bed, too restless to sleep. The events that happened that day continued to replay in your head, leaving you unable to peacefully slumber.

It amazed you how drastically a day can go from amazing to horrible in a matter of hours.

You turned towards your bed side table and reached for your charging phone. You squinted as your phone turned on and momentarily blinded you with the bright lock screen. The time read '4:18 a.m.', making you sigh and sit up from your mattress.

'Doubt I can get any more sleep tonight.'

In attempt to keep yourself busy, you got out of your bed, grabbed your laptop, and quietly made your way out of your room and to the kitchen.

You placed the electronic on the table as you poured yourself a glass of water. You greedily took a gulp, the stinging sensation that came with it giving you a reminder of the horrid girl and what she did to you.

With teary eyes, you held in the cough that attempted to come out so you wouldn't wake anyone up at this hour.

Since drinking anything was too painful, you abandoned your cup and sat in the stool and opened your computer.

It had been a while since you had checked your emails, so you decided to be somewhat responsible and busy yourself with that.

Most of it was spam mail that you immediately scrolled by or emails from your high school teachers saying what you would need for the school year.

One email caught your attention though that was sent over a week ago.

'Addressed to the guardians of Elena L/n.'

Curious, you clicked on it.

'Greetings parents/guardians!

Your child enrolled in Roosevelt Elementary (K-5th) has been formally invited to our Meet the Teachers Night!

Hosted on August 2nd at 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m, you and your child will meet their teacher and go over academic expectations, school supplies required, and what the upcoming school year will look like.

Hope to see you there!

Go Vikings!'

Your eyebrows furrowed as you finished reading the email and realized the date.

'Shit, that's today!'

You wouldn't usually mind going to things like this, but right now you had a bruised neck and were unable to talk. You doubted you would be able to go to this school thing without raising some concerns.

Defeatedly, you slumped in your seat and laid your head on the kitchen counter.

'How am I gonna pull this off?'

Your head flung up from the sound of the kitchen light turning on.

"Holy shi-!" You frantically placed your index finger to your lips in a hush motion to who revealed himself to be Raphael. He huffed out a sigh as he placed his three fingered hand to his plastron.

"Jesus Christ y/n you almost gave me a heart attack! The hell are you doing up?" He harshly whispered with a glare.

In response, you just shook your head and mouthed words he couldn't comprehend.

"Why aren't yo-" he then looked down at your purple neck. "-oh. Right, I forgot about that."

You silently shrugged with a sad smile. He stared at you with a scowl, trying to think of a solution.