chapter 13- greatest discovery since mutant turtles

You always did like nail art.

You could appreciate the time and effort it took to make your nails look nice with color, especially if there was a design on them.

But if you were being honest, it was never for you.

When you were younger, your mom used to always paint your nails. And they would always look good the first day. But eventually, whether it was you being anxious or stressed or hell, even just bored, you would always pick at the paint. And by the end of the second day, all your moms hard work had been completely chipped off.

So you decided it would be a waste of nail polish if you continued and never painted your nails after that.

Until now that is.

"What color do you want?" Elena asked with an affectionate grin. What started off as your younger sister asking you to paint her nails led to her holding you hostage and attempting to paint yours.

You sighed and looked down at her. "Elena, you know I'm just gonna end up peeling them off by tomorrow right?"

"Shhhhh! What color?" She said, a tad bit more aggressive.

"Blue I guess." Elena looked at you confused as she reached for the royal blue color scattered across the living room floor.

"Blue? But your favorite color is f/c?" You shrugged.

"Yeah well, I guess I've been liking the color blue lately."

"'m sure you have." Raphael snickered with his head in a comic. You looked over your shoulder to the couch, glaring at the mutant.

Raph and Leo were both seated on the couch, while you, Elena, and Mikey were on the floor. Michelangelo was layed out on his plastoron, head in hands and kicking his feet giddily as he watched in awe as Elena painted your nails messily.

"Shut up Raph!" He looked up and smirked, placing his comic down and giving you a challenging look.

"Huh Spike? It's seems like she's been really liken' everything blue lately." He turned and scratched the reptile sitting on his shoulder under the chin.

"Raph I swear to god-" You turned to the opposite end of the couch and saw a very confused Leo glancing at the two of you suspiciously. You gave him a nervous smile and attempted to laugh. "heh heh. Leo, can you get me a glass of water please?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure y/n." He got up quickly with a grin and made his way to the kitchen.

Once he was out of view, you leaped from your seat and tackled Raphael on the couch, slapping him viciously on his bald head.

"Hey I wasn't done!" Elena whined from the floor.

"You-" you smacked him, "stupid-" again,"stupid-" and again, "turtle!", and you would have continued until you felt satisfied but the mutant grew tired of your attacks and grabbed ahold of both your wrists.

"Are you done?" He asked, a bored look forming on his face.

"You're gonna ruin your nails! They haven't dried yet!" Elena continued to complain as you glared at Raphael.

"I thought you said you weren't gonna tell anyone!" He shrugged.

"I did. I didn't say I wouldn't make fun of you for it though." A sly smile danced on his lips as you groaned in frustration.

Him teasing you had been a reoccurring occurrence ever since a week ago when his suspicions had been answered.

———Flashback———