chapter 14- eternal conflicts

You never quite knew the exact moment where you developed a crush on a certain Hamato Leonardo.

Could it have been when he first walked you home?

Maybe when he showed concern over your well being?

Hell, it could have possibly been when you first laid your eyes on him. When it happened, you weren't all that sure. All you were sure about was that you had feelings for him.

And you absolutely hated it.

You hated when your heart would slightly speed up when he said your name. You hated how your stomach would swarm with butterflies when he smiled at you. You hated how you would melt at the sight of his eyes.

Oh, those eyes.

How you couldn't wait for the day where you could stare into his sapphire eyes and not feel a single thing.

But for now, that wasn't the case.

The two of you were seated across from each other on the dojo floor, meditating.

Well, he was meditating. You on the other hand, not so much. You were too busy thinking about your not so small crush on the boy in front of you.

Yeah, safe to say you couldn't really pay attention to the task at hand right now.

You squirmed in your seat and shut your eyes harder, really trying to go to that rose field that you often went to every time you'd successfully meditated.

Unfortunately for you, not a rose was in sight.

You sighed through your nose impatiently as you shut your eyes even harder.

A minute later of you trying to meditate (and failing), you felt a soft tap on your knee.

You opened your eyes to see curious blue eyes and a small, thoughtful frown. "Something on your mind?"

'You. Duh.'

You shook the thought off with a shrug and suddenly laid on your back on the dojo floor. Despite the current thought for the past couple of minutes, Leonardo was not the only thing consuming your mind.

"Summers almost over. Which means I have to go back to school soon. Not just me, but Elena starts her first year of kindergarten. It's just gonna be a lot."

Joining you, Leo laid back on his shell and turned his head to look at you, sending a rush of emotions through you.

"Are you worried about her?" He asked tenderly.

You stared at him for a while before clearing your throat and turning your head to face the ceiling. "No. No, I know she'll do great and make lots of friends. I'm just not a fan of change ya know? I'm so used to treating her like a baby, it'll just be hard to let go."

Everything was still for a moment before the mutant besides you abruptly sat up and rose from the floor, looking down at you with a beam.

"Hey, you don't have work today right?"

"Uh no. Why?"

"How about the two of us do something together? Y'know, outside of the lair?" You sat up from the floor and looked up at him with sunken brows.

"What about patrol?" He huffed out a breath as he continued to smile down at you.

"There hasn't been any suspicious activity recently so we should be fine. Besides, the guys have been begging for a break."

You anxiously bit the inside of your cheek as you picked at your nails. Once he noticed this, he held out his hand towards your sitting figure.

"Come on y/n, fresh air will do you some good! Besides, we need to get you out of the lair."