Halloween AU

The night was cool and the wind was harsh, the breeze caused the trees to dance violently in the night. The moon was oh so bright as it shined the Earths own personal spotlight.

Everything was at peace as a young huntress walked the quiet woods without a care in the world, bow in hand and mind set on going home with a large kill. The autumn leaves crunched under her beat up combat boots as her eyes searched the darkness for any form of prey. She listened intently to the sounds of nature and took a deep breath in, her shoulders slumping as she released through her nose.

She halted her steps when she felt something wet on her shoe. Despite not having an amazing sense of smell like some of the mutants in her village, she could still catch the pungent sent of blood.

The huntress looked down to see a trail of the dark substance on the ground and decided to follow it, going against her better judgment. As she followed, the smell got stronger and stronger the closer she got. Usually, most people would lose their lunch at the disgusting smell of blood, but she was pretty used to it by now.

The trail led her to an opening with not too many trees and just grass, where a deer laid on the ground, dead and covered in blood.

The young girl made her way closer to the animal, noticing the peculiar sight on how it was killed.

On the side of the deers neck, there were two deep holes marked into it. This confused her. The animal looked like a deflated pillow from all the blood taken from it. She checked the dead body for any more cuts but there were none. Just the two holes in the creatures neck.

'How can you lose so much blood from just two small holes?' The young woman thought.

With a shake of her head she got up and turned from the strange sight. Before she could walk away, a rustle from the bushes caught her attention. A small, brown rabbit hopped from the leaves and looked at her.

As quick as lightning, she pulled an arrow from her quiver, aimed, and shot, making the bunny fall over with a 'thump'.

'Well, at least I won't go home empty handed.'

🎃🦇🎃

"Casey hurry the hell up! It's cold out here!" She banged on the wooden door with one hand as she held the dead animal in the other.

From the other side she could hear rustling before it opened wide to reveal a tall skinny boy.

"Jeez y/n stop yelling! People are gonna start thinking you're the village crazy lady." She rolled her e/c eyes as she shoved passed him into their home, throwing the rabbit on the counter. "So no 'big kill' today huh?" Casey smirked with a gapped tooth smile.

"Ugh it's not my fault! There has been less animals than usual. And I found something weird so I decided to just call it a night." Y/n placed her bow and quiver against the door and made her way back to her friend.

"Weird how?" He took his knife and began to skin the animal.

"I found this dead deer in the forest. But it was just the skin and bones of it, all the blood was gone." His hand hesitated from cutting the animal. "But that's not even the weirdest part. I tried looking for any cuts that would take out that much blood but there weren't any, just two small teeth marks in it's neck."

It was quiet for a moment before the skinny boy cleared his throat and continued skinning the creature.

"Yeah. Your right. Weird." The girl narrowed her eyes in suspicion.