8

After Jungkook put ointment on my cheek and helped dress me, Jimin came back. I sobbed at Jimin's feet, crying out apologizes for what I had done, only trying to show my sincerity, not to look for forgiveness. But Jimin gave it to me anyway, apologizing back to me, wishing he hadn't said anything to Taehyung. I didn't fault him for that or feel any anger towards him. He did what he was meant to, and I acted carelessly with his life.

That night Jungkook stayed in my chambers, sleeping by the door. He and Jimin were now to watch me together.

All night I had many questions, many thoughts. The first prince is here, he's gotten word of the wedding, but what type of word? Have the guests spread rumors of a Japanese bride, did they know I was the servant of the true bride?

Japan and the Goyangi kingdom have had many fights in the past between governments, but war has never broken out because of the sea. Merchants are still able to sell back and forth between the two, but citizens rarely cross over. A Goyangi prince marrying a Japanese woman like myself is a huge step over normality. I don't know if we would even call our marriage true however, it was under strange circumstances to say the least.

Taehyung hasn't sentenced me to death for lying, but if the first prince finds out the truth, would he? 

Of course he would, if what I heard Taehyung talking about before was accurate. They are feuding about something, spies and deception. There's something going on behind the shadows of all the castle walls.

The sun rises and the sound of distant crowing roosters wakes up the palace. Jungkook wakes up off his futon, his semi long black hair standing up.

"M-morning my lady," He says quickly standing up, unexpecting me to be awake so early. But I was basically awake all night.

"Morning,"

The sound of stomping footsteps can be heard down the hall. I start to get up thinking it's Jimin bringing me new clothes, but without warning the doors open and Taehyung is at the door.

"Your majesty," Jungkook throws his futon to the side and bows before him. "I wasn't expecting you, my lord."

I take a step back almost falling over on my own bed in shock but then anger seeps into my veins.

"Get out," I say, gritting my teeth.

"Leave us," Taehyung says, looking me in the eyes with as much contempt as I.

Before leaving Jungkook gives me a look as if telling me not to do something reckless, but I find it to aggravate me even more. No matter what I do, the tiger in front of me would pounce.

"You really think your so cunning don't you, well your nothing but a stupid fool, who doesn't know the stakes." Taehyung was inflamed with anxiety and madness. I could see it in his eyes, the desperation and bluster.

"Call me what you will, but I know my conscience is clear."

Taehyung advances to me from the door, I bump into my bed unable to back away. Our faces are only inches away from each other as he breathes heavily through his nostrils.

"We're all dead if my brother finds out I married a lowborn Japanese servant like you, tell me where Mirin is, and I promise no harm to her."

"Tell me what you want then, if you want something from me, convince me to give it to you. You don't care about her, you don't care about anything but yourself and your standing with the king! I heard you, you and the first prince are having some type of family feud and I won't let Mirin be in the middle of it."

The prince scoffs, a have moon smile appearing on his face, pulling my face away not expecting such a reaction.

"What would it matter now, Namjoon already knows I'm married to you... If I tell you my big secret you have to help me, and in return, I'll protect your precious Mirin."

I look in the prince's eyes once again, deeply; what I see is nothing but bitterness and resentment.

I contemplate, not knowing what the right decision will be. I see now I've caught myself in a trap of these secrets and plots.

"I'll keep my word on helping you, but not to find Mirin, but to insure whatever plot you have comes to fruition."

His smile widens showing his white glossy teeth, some even have a sharp point, almost like he was an animal.

"Our eldest brother is sick, dying in fact, and while I am not a kingdom favorite I would rather die than see that dragon on the throne. Seokjin commanded us to wed, and show we're loyal and responsible through our palace regions."

"Mirin is your regions most accomplished family among the villagers of this area, you were going to use her as a shield,"

"You're right on the mark, while the Moon nobles have no fortune or great prospects, they have fame. Noble Moon's always helping the people, even taking in a sick and helpless woman like yourself. So I wanted Mirin as my bride, showing my eldest brother I changed through her."

"Why don't you want your older brother on the throne, it's not like you actually want it."

"No I don't, I never did this for power or greed, I like to stay in my palace of games without responsibility; but Namjoon's left me with no choice. His first decree as king would be to go to war with the mainland."

War with the Chinese? But why? I stand there confused with his accusations, if Namjoon goes to war we'd all be as good as dead. They are far superior in size and experience.

"Do you see now why you are a fool, Mirin was my only piece in the game–"

"No, you can still use me, the first prince only knows you scandalously married a Japanese woman, but who's to say I'm not of noble blood. Use it to your advantage, the Japanese and Goyangi governments have had many disagreements, who's to say against you that you're attempting to fix it to make the kingdom's economy stronger. The lands by the dragon palace have become dry and desolate, he's in the main palace avoiding his duties to the people of his palace." I step forward asserting my dominance, I can do this, save Mirin from a puppet's fate. "Announce to the king and the people I was a guest of the Moon family before you asked for my hand in marriage. I was seen by everyone in the village, you have witnesses and the Moon family would gladly side with you if your eyes have averted from their daughter. If what you told me is the truth, they'll support deceiving the king to keep Mirin away from this mess."