𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

__________________

{ Freedom }

Chapter Five; Friendly Faces Season Two, Episode 2written by: Indigo __________________

Season Two, Episode 2
written by: Indigo
__________________

Mercedes didn't even notice the stabbing pain in her arm until after carl had hit the ground. The young boy was out cold, a large blood stain seeping into his clothes. Mercedes looked down at the young boy, tears beginning to form in her eyes. It was only then that she began to feel the pain in her arm. She reached out and cupped a hand around the large wound on her upper arm. It seemed that the bullet had gone through the deer, hit her arm, and was still able to hit carl in the stomach.

Mercedes began to feel a little dizzy, she pulled her hand away and looked down at it. it was covered in blood. She began to stumble as she reached for her father. Shane immediately put his gun on his back and placed an arm around his daughter to keep her up.

A larger man came out from behind a tree,
"Woah! what happened?" The man asked looking between the two kids. He then glanced down at the deer and his gun, "Did I do that?" Shane nodded to the man, who in turn placed a hand on his head.
"Okay, okay, I've got a doctor at home- his name Hershel, he should be able to help," The man said. Rick who was once sitting on the ground next to his son, now scooped him up in his arms and gestured to the man to lead them to his home.

Then the chase began, shane and rick ran carl dangling freely in ricks arms. Mercedes watched the young boy, begging and praying that he was going to be alright. She hadn't even noticed the amount of blood that was soaking her own shirt.

"How far?!" Rick yelled to the man.

"Another half mile, that way" He replied pointing north. Rick wasted no time and started running as fast as he could. Shane tried to keep up, but the weight difference between carl and Mercedes was great.

"Mercy, baby, cmon you're gonna be alright, you've got this" Shane assured, ghosting his fingers across his daughter's cheek. Mercedes mumbled something inaudible. Her skin had turned extremely pale and she began to feel clammy, sweat beading down her forehead.

After a little bit, longer of running a white house came into view. Shane could see that rick was struggling to keep ahold of carl. young or not, holding onto an unconscious person can be a lot. and at this point, Shane was practically dragging the Mercedes across the ground. she no longer could stand on her own. He quickly stopped and began to carry the young girl bridal style in hopes to get there faster. it worked and the five of them were able to get onto the farm.