Chapter 4 - Vixen

Maxon's POV

_________________________________

The vixen sits straight across from me on the other side of the pedestal. I watch as she listens to Jase talk about his newest toy.

I don't much care for what it does. I only need to win, so that I can get him alone. Not that I could listen if I wanted to with her standing over there looking like that.

My focus isn't easily broken, but she has successfully broken it. Slowly her eyes look over to me, and she scans my features probably trying to figure out who I am.

I have never seen her before, but those green eyes, brunette hair, and tan skin look...familiar in a sense. Olivia lightly hits my leg, and my head snaps over to her.

"Focus." She says, and for fucks sake I wish she would focus on anyone but me right now.

I just roll my eyes. It's moments like these when I want to fire her. I look back over to the stunning woman across from me, and her full attention is on Jase. For some reason, I find myself wanting that same attention.

"Starting at one million." Jase announces.

I sit back as people start to bid. Once they reach the highest number I bid myself.

"Two hundred million." I say. No one else's bids after me. Jase speaks.

"Going once...going twice-"

"Two hundred and fifty million." Someone with a thick Italian accent speaks.

I look over to see the same woman from earlier with her hand raised. She smirks at me.

"Three hundred million." I speak again.

"Three fifty."

"Four hundred."

"Five hundred million." She says.

"Going once, going twice, and sold to the beautiful brunette in black!" Jase announces. Everyone claps their hands, and she winks at me.

I look over to Olivia to see her scowling.

The vixen asks to speak to Jase alone. I watch as they go up the stairs as everyone sits enjoying the food, and champagne.

A few minutes later Olivia, and I go up the stairs to find Jase. Hopefully the brunette beauty won't be a problem. I would hate to have to handle her, or maybe I wouldn't.

Once I see light coming from under a door I slowly push it open holding my gun to my side. I see Olivia with her knives as well.

Once the door opens I see the woman with a gun in her hand pointed at Jase as they speak. Olivia doesn't hesitate pointing the gun at the woman.

Jase takes off running, and I run after him leaving Olivia alone with the stranger. Olivia can handle her. I honestly think Olivia might kill her for staring at me.

Once I catch up to Jase I grab him by the neck right before he reaches the staircase. I push him into an empty room shutting, and locking the door.