Chapter 5 - Control

Sophia's POV

_________________________________

"The name is Maxon. Maxon de Martel." He says.

"The hitman." I say blankly, and frankly I'm also unimpressed. I'm sure a man like him expects a cake, and balloons when he name drops. Too bad for him, I have neither.

I can tell he's a little shocked that I'm not trembling in fear by now, or incredibly lost in a trance of his big blue eyes.

"Yes." He says a smirk making its way to his face.

"Well it was nice meeting you." I say sarcastically.

I turn around continuing to walk. I don't need to make an impression on me. I need him to forget my face, but I can hear him walking behind me.

"You know Olivia isn't easy to take out. She's one of the best, but you were able to take her." He says.

"Yup." I say.

If he's referring to that woman then he obviously doesn't know who the best are, because compared to them she was nothing.

"Who are you?" He asks me.

I stop walking once I reach the motorcycle. I didn't know one of the world's most known hitman was a fan of twenty questions. 

"None of your damn business." I climb on.

I reach for the keys, but they're not in my purse. You have got to be kidding me.

I hear dangling, and I look over to see Maxon with my keys in his hand. Well I guess technically they aren't mine since I stole them.

I reach for them, and he pulls away. I'm officially pissed. I climb off the bike walking towards him. I wasn't giving him my all before, but I'm definitely going to give it to him now.

"Easy." He says putting his arms up in surrender.

"I just want to talk." He says, but I know he wants more than that. He's trying to come off as friendly, but everyone knows he's quite the opposite.

"What the fuck do you want Maxon?" I don't miss the way he smirks when I call him by his name.

"Jase told me you were looking for Stefano. I am to, so my question is what do you want with him?"

"I want him dead." I say simply.

"I was hoping you would say that, because I do to."

"It seems I have competition." I say.

"But what if you don't."

"What do you mean?" I ask confused as to where this conversation is going.

"I think we should work together." He says.

"You don't even know me." I state blankly.

"I know that you're just as capable as me. You're the only person besides me to get this close to finding Stefano. Now imagine what we could do if we worked together." He says.