Chapter 20 - Weird

Maxon's POV

_________________________________

Breakfast is awkward. It's obvious that Sophia, and I aren't really on good terms. It doesn't help that Vincent has been sticking his nose into everything.

Sophia has been fucking with me. The night I met her I invited her to my home, and slept with her.

I would usually never let myself be so transfixed by a woman. From the start she's had a hold on me, and that needs to end now.

We need to find her father, and end it there.

"The second we find Stefano, I tell my boss everything. I'm helping you right now, but I know where my loyalties lie." At Vincent's words I go to speak, but Sophia stops me.

"That's reasonable. I understand." I look up to see her looking at Vincent. He nods to her, and we just go back to eating silently.

"I'm going to my office. Tell me if there's anything new." I say to Sophia.

"I'll tell you if I feel like it." She mumbles, but I hear her.

I turn around narrowing my eyes at her. I go to speak, and I can tell she's waiting for me to respond because of the glare she's giving me.

Instead I just scoff, and walk away going to my office. I'm not shocked when I hear someone following me, and as I suspected I turn around to see her.

She follows me into my office, and shuts the door behind her.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" She asks, her voice sounding venomously dangerous.

"Maxon de Martel." I say, because it's my God given name.

She goes to slap me the same as she did last night, but I catch her hand.

"I told you not to fucking do that shit again." I tell her. She smirks.

"Yes. Someone got quite out of control last night." She whispers lowly, and I can't even lie about the fact that it makes me want to fuck her.

"You told me you felt something for me. Is that still true?" She asks blankly.

She sounds like she doesn't care, because she doesn't. If she did, she would have at least had the decency to answer me when I told her.

"You've been messing with my head Sophia. I've been making stupid decisions, and that needs to stop." I say in the same cold manner.

"So your feelings have just all of a sudden disappeared?" She asks.

"To be honest they were never even there. It was just lust. Just physical attraction. Just another fuck."

I don't know specifically what it was that I said, but her cold expression breaks for a second, and a peak of sadness is let through.

Why? I have no idea. Was she really just another fuck? No. But that's what she needs to believe for both of our sakes, and she made it clear that she doesn't have feelings for me.

She just turns around, and walks out of my office without saying a word.

My door is pushed open, and of course it's Vincent.