Chapter 18 - Disloyalty

Maxon's POV

_________________________________

She leaves the room before I can even get dressed. An unfamiliar aching in my chest begins to bloom after she leaves. I want her.

I told her I didn't want her to leave. That I wanted whatever she was making me feel to continue, and she didn't tell me she felt the same.

Maybe that's because she doesn't. Maybe she doesn't feel how I feel. Maybe she doesn't want me.

Damn. Now I know how Olivia feels. Maybe I should apologize to her.

Speaking of. She comes into my room after I've gotten dressed, and she tells me someone is downstairs for me. I don't like the smile on her face when she says this, nor do I like the way she says it. She's too excited.

I go downstairs to the kitchen, and I see someone sitting at the counter. They turn around.

Vincent.

He sits there with a smirk on a his face. I clench my jaw. Olivia.

"Is there something you need to tell me, or maybe even Andrea?" He asks.

He knows. I'm going to fucking kill Olivia for this. None of them know a thing about Sophia, yet they're all ready to kill her.

"Why are you protecting her Maxon?" Vincent asks narrowing his eyes.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." I say coldly, because frankly what I do is none of his business. I may be a friend to the Marinos, but I still have myself to look after.

Vincent, and I have a love hate relationship. Right now it's hate.

"Well would you rather explain yourself to someone else that isn't me?" He asks, cocking his head to the side.

His words get me fuming, because I know exactly what he's hinting at.

"None of you know her, and none of you have taken the time to get to know her before deciding that she should just die." I say, and it's taking everything in me not to yell at him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Maxon?! You're not really risking yourself for a quick fuck are you?!" Unlike me he goes straight to yelling.

"Don't you ev-"

"Oh Olivia told me everything. If anyone else besides me found out you were hiding her, you would be dead. The last heir of the Russo line. If her father ever found out, he would be after your head Maxon!"

I hate to say this, but he already is. How did Stefano know that Sophia, and I were hiding out in one of Lorenzo's old bases? Not mine, but Lorenzo's.

How could he have known that? I'm torn from my thoughts when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Oh shit.

Sophia walks down the stairs, and her body immediately freezes when she sees Vincent.

"Hello Chloe, or Nichole, or Sophia. Whatever you go by now days." Vincent speaks when he sees her, and I clench my jaw. Vincent needs to chill the fuck out.