Chapter 10 - Chained

Sophia's POV

_________________________________

There's something going on. Ever since Olivia talked to Maxon he's been acting weird.

Not that I know him well enough to know what him being off looks like, but I can just feel it. He's been staring at me like he's trying to figure me out. Good luck with that.

A part of me is ready to shoot, and run any second now.

We're sitting at the table eating, and he won't stop looking at me. I know I'm pretty, but damn. He even watches as I take a sip of my drink, and he's starting to get a little creepy.

"Take a picture." I tell him, and he narrows his eyes at me. He's angry. What did that bitch tell him?

I can't wait for this to be over with. Maxon is too high profile for me to be around anyway. Sooner or later something's bound to happen. My gut is telling me sooner.

Just as the thought comes to my mind I look down at my drink. I stand up, but I can barely manage to do that. I feel myself grow dizzy, and Maxon stands up walking over to me.

"What the fuck did you do?" I ask him.

He just smirks. I'm fucked. Everything goes black.

I remember when I was six I tried to sneak out of the house. It was my first, and last time doing so. My brother Salvatore who was only five wanted to go to the beach.

My father ordered the maids to take him. I asked if I could go, and he said I would never see outside of those walls until he gave me permission.

He said I should be grateful that he didn't kill me when I was born. He told me to go back to my room, and not to come out for the rest of the day. I wish I had listened.

Instead of listening I tried to sneak into the car that was taking my brother. One of the guards caught me. They dragged me away from the car to the front door where my dad stood, waiting.

Salvatore tried to run after me, but they held his small body back, holding him above the ground. My father grabbed me by the arm.

"It seems you need to learn how to follow orders." He told me, and I began to cry.

I thought he was going to punish me how he always did. Hitting me with the belt on my back. Soaking me while throwing ice water on me. Slapping me, and beating me. He didn't though.

Instead he took me where he kept his hostages. He brought out a kid around my age maybe a year older. I looked over to him, and he held out a gun to me.

I quickly realized what he wanted me to do. I tried running to the door, but he just grabbed me by my hair throwing me to the floor.

A sob escaped me as I winced at the pain. He grabs my hair again making me stand to my feet.

"I don't want to do it. Please daddy!" I begged screaming, and sobbing. He took my hand putting the gun in it.

All of a sudden a guard brings my brother out. He jerked Salvatore's arm putting the gun to his head, and I scream for him to stop.

"Either you kill him, or I kill your brother." He told me.

I looked to the boy standing in front of me. He was skinny like he hadn't eaten in months. I looked at him with watery eyes. He just smiled at me.

"It's okay I'm only in pain here anyways." The boy whispered to me.

I look over to my brother when I hear my fathers gun click off safety. My brother trembles trying not to be scared, but I see right through him. He's terrified.

I then turn back around. The boy just nods at me. I squeeze my eyes shut as my finger squeezes the trigger. A loud bang erupts throughout the room.

I drop the gun immediately opening my eyes to see the boys lifeless body on the ground.

That's the first time I ever killed anyone. At the age of six my father had forced me to kill someone, to have their blood on my hands.

Thinking back to it. I should've let my brother die. He turned out to be the same monster my father was. The same monster I am.

I wake up to my feet, and arms chained, forcing me to stand up while my head drops low. I'm only in my underwear, and bra. I try to move, but my body feels too weak. Fuck this is all my fault.

I let my guard down by working with Maxon. I went against everything I've been doing for the last three years, and look where it got me. Chained up in Maxon de Martel's cellar.

Not for long.

I grunt when a feeling of soreness shoot's up my spine. What the hell did he give me? A fucking horse tranquilizer.

"Hello Sophia." I hear a voice, and I look up to see Maxon walking towards me.

He's in a suit with his sleeves rolled up. His rings are still on, and the first couple of buttons of his shirt are undone.

"Good for you. You finally figured it out." My voice comes out dry, and it's only now that I realize how hard it is to breathe in here.

He grabs me by the throat, and his eyes are burning through mine.

"Someone's mad." I say in a teasing tone.

His grip gets tighter this time cutting off my airway, and I start to gasp for air.

"I fucking trusted you enough to work with you. To bring you into my home. To..."

He trails off at the end letting go of my throat. I begin to laugh, and he shoots me a deadly glare. I continue to laugh before speaking.

"You're mad because you slept with me, and because you still want to fuck me even after finding out the truth." I say with a smirk on my face.

It's the truth. He never trusted me. He saw me as an advantage. He's just mad, because even after knowing the truth he still wants me. I'm flattered.

He pulls his gun out, aiming it at my face. I look down at the gun. I move my face closer to it, and I lick around the tip.

His eyes watch me intently as I slide the gun into my mouth. I keep it there waiting for him to shoot, but instead he just drops it grabbing me by my throat again. I'm into it this.

This time he roughly yanks me attacking my lips with his. I give into the kiss, and I can feel how angry he is.

He yanks the chains off of me, and my body is still limp. Falling into his arms, I try to fight him off. I get a good punch to his stomach, but he just grabs my arms pinning them behind my back. He takes something tying my hands behind my back to keep them there.

I'm too weak to do much more, and he throws me over his shoulder. He takes me to a room I don't recognize. It's now that I realize we're no longer at his house.

He throws me onto the bed that lies in the center of the room with red silk comforters.

"Now I'm going to fuck you until you learn to stop messing with the wrong people Sophia."