Chapter 2

'Im hungry'
   ▸ ♡ ┈┈┈┈ ♡ ┈┈┈┈ ♡ ◂

"Shit"

"Language!" Steve calls into the coms "JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" he questioned the AI.

She could hear JARVIS talking in the background while she snapped a guy's neck. "Your so old capsickle." She chuckled while kicking a guy in the nuts. The man had proceeded to fall over clutching his jewels.

Tara looked up and saw Thor fighting 5 guys at once "Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." As he hit someone with his hammer.

Tara and Nat, were back to back knocking out some soldiers. "At long last is lasting a little long, boys."

Bitsy used her powers to stop the soldiers heart. She has to admit it's one of the only things that made her hate Death a little less, having some of his powers had its perks.

"I want pizza." she chuckled, her stomach growling. She had forgot to eat breakfast this morning.

"Only you could think of eating right now, and I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint responded breathing heavily.

She chuckled "You think birdman?"  fighting her way towards him, stabbing anyone near.

The team were knocking out guys left and right until she noticed Clint shoot an arrow and it had missed, he never missed.

Wait not missed but grabbed? Suddenly he's being flipped over and on his face, Tara accidentally lets out a laugh at that.

"You didn't see that coming?" she heard the voice. It sounded like, no it couldn't be. Dread was slowly crashing down onto her.

Turning her gaze to look at the boy who had spoke and stopped dead in her tracks. Trying to control her breathing their eyes lock and then he's gone. The boy was James.

But he's dead she kept repeating not listening to what was happening around her, she was frozen. All the memories and feelings see worked so hard to forget and squash down we're trying to resurface.

She had held his body, his cold, still,  lifeless body pressed close against hers. The way his un-seeing eyes looked past her's.

It couldn't be, it wasn't possible. He was dead. Murdered by a nose-less bald fucker. But then all the sudden it clicked, Death had sent her to a multiverse and that's how it was possible.

Tara was brought back to the present by her dad shaking her shoulders.

"Sweety, are you ok? What's wrong, are you hurt?!" He questioned rapidly scanning her body, checking for injuries only to come up with nothing.

She blinked rapidly shaking her head, coming out of her thoughts. It couldn't be him. Right?

She paused and shook her head "It's him, Daddy, it was James" She had said in a broken voice, forcing the tears to go away.

Getting up from the ground she had stumbled a bit and her dad had grabbed her keeping her stable.

Tony guided his daughter to the jet and sets her on a seat. He knew who James was but she had told him he was dead so it didn't make sense to him at the moment. "It's ok dear we'll figure it out just rest for now ok?"

Tara nodded her head with a pained smile, her mind running a million miles a minute "Ok. I love you, Daddy." He smiled and kissed her head getting up and smoothing her hair down.

"I love you too." And with that, he had walked off to the cockpit. She didn't pay attention to what was said around her or even the questioning glances she was receiving form the others.

The team knew where she came from, but not all the details like Stark did. The didn't know of all her pain, just that she had a life before this and she was close to a boy named James.

She was drowning deeper and deeper into her mind. Her heart felt like it was going to burst any minute. The emotions she had been burying were being dug back up, clawing to the surface. Tara's heart ache was triple the amount it was in her first life time.

                       ♡

The jet had landed at the tower and the younger Stark had gone through about every emotion she could feel. She had gotten herself together.

Well, on the outside at least but on the inside she was cursing Death with words that would  even cause a sailor to blush.

Hill calls out "Labs all set up boss." looking at her tablet seeming to be reading something important.

She chuckled although forced "I just create the gadgets" she had said while at the same time her dad says pointing at Steve "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything with the help of my daughter and make everyone look cooler." She had smiled at that, he did like to brag about her and she wouldn't have it any other way.

Bitsy noticed they were talking about the twins and decided to go ahead to her's and Banner's lab. She needed to wait to be alone to think, actually she didn't know what to think. Her mind was unorganized, she needed to sit down and tidy it up.

Although she has her own personal lab, she tended to like working with someone in the room with her. It helps comfort her knowing someone is there.

Bruce opened the door and walked in, Tara right behind him. "How's he doing?" Her dad had spoke up "Oh, unfortunately, he's still Barton." With a disappointed sigh.

"That's terrible," Bruce replied looking over at him.

Bitsy chuckled hoping to get distracted from the thoughts that were trying to consume her. "What a shame." Shaking her head with a serious face trying to hide a smile.

"He's fine. He's thirsty. Alright look alive, JARVIS. Its playtime. We've only got a couple of days with this joystick so let's make the most of it. Update me on the structural and compositional analysis." Tony explained looking over at the computers.

Nat spoke looking at Dr. Cho "You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." She had slapped her friend's shoulder.

"Nat you can't say that, at least not to his face. Wait until he can't hear you," She responded with a genuine smile.

Clint playfully glared at her and poked her side. "There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with a simulacrum." The Doctor replied looking at her papers.

"She's creating tissues" Tara pipes up noticing confused faces.  Yes, she loved them but they could be dumb sometimes, how did they fix their wounds on missions?

She wondered if James had loved her back, would she still have been sent here and meet all these great people? She didn't know. She hid a sigh, why was her life so complex.

Dr. Cho continued "If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration cradle could do this in twenty minutes." You could hear the pride dripping in her voice.

Bitsy had zoned out, had let herself fall into the depths of her mind. It felt like she was suffocating, maybe it wasn't him it was just a trick of the light, she scoffed no who was she kidding.

And with that, she got up to take a shower and sleep, not ready for the night terrors she knew were to come. It was just too overwhelming for her to process at the moment.

                        ♡

Just to clarify, this was up on my deleted account. I transferred it over to this one because it was buggy on my other lol.

But I hope you're enjoying this <3
-Greeds

1292 words