23: ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ.

The last.

3rd Pov

"Oh, you're still alive," Yashiro mocks Kyo as she looks at him with some weird expression. And Yuta notices this weird expression.

"Did you plan all of this? as some students are not here?" Satoru asked with an unexpectedly calm demeanor but deep inside it wasn't.

"Who knows..?"

Kaito gave a knowing glance at Yashiro. He was giving her a signal. Yashiro noticed this as she nodded.

They all knew something was going to happen as the two were giving each other looks. "Since I'm in good mood, I shall give you all the gifts!" Yashiro shouted with a wide grin.

She lifts her hand, facing the group of the sorcerer. "Brace yourselves!" Maki warned as she looked back, she shouldn't look back.

A blue fog surrounds her hand, "フルリス" it shot them some ice. Maki was caught surprised!

"Watch ou-!"

They were instantly frozen. They quickly flee the place. It was not best to engage in a fight now, they should fulfill their mission before everything fail. She glances before they disappear.

"This will be a failure,"

Someone eventually caught up with them,

.

.

.

"Hoho~ You guys eventually caught up, So amazing~!" Yashiro said in an exciting tone as she clap her hand. She stood up behind Kaito.

"I take care of that Satoru, go deal with the other one," He said as he started to walk toward Satoru before he vanish. Appearing in front of him, Satoru let out a small sigh.

Yashiro faced the other one. "as expected, Yuta..." She said, "You know..." She started as Yuta was still silent. "I could call him but it will become more disastrous, right...?"

Yuta raised his eyebrow, "who..?" Yashiro started to whisper.

"I, Gojoū Yashiro, summon my sword to this world," as she raised her hand, a blue smoke starting to form in her hand, as the smoke disappear, in her hand appeared a thin light blue sword, the weight of the sword look like light but looks can be deceitful, it heavier than it looks like.

She raised her hand higher, pointing it at Yuta. "Are you ready, Yuta?" She asks as Yuta unsheath his katana, getting into a fighting stance.

.

.

.

.

She was still in her fighting stance. She was caught up surprised, she didn't know that Yuta was this strong. Well, I guess he was special grade ain't for nothing.

"Why did you do that?" He asks as he points his katana toward Yashiro. "That's because-!" She was cut off as she abruptly cough up blood.

She let go of her sword as it disappears, and she coughs more violently as more blood came out. Blood dripping as if it wasn't going to stop soon.

"haha..." She let out a small laugh despite the situation she was in right now, she fall on her knee, it seems to be uncomfortable as she sat unwillingly as the way her face let out a discomfort expression.

Yuta stopped as he looked at Yashiro, he was feeling guilty and worried, Yashiro lowered her head as her strength started to disappear, and Yuta slowly approach her.

"Yash-" Yuta tried to speak but was cut off by her hand, she raised her hand in front, facing Yuta's direction. "Stop... I... don't... need help... fro..m... an ene..my..." She lowers her hand beside her body. He stopped, listening to Yashiro's words.

"You.... know..." She uttered as she gradually raised her head, making eye contact with Yuta, she continued as she paused for a second, "what.... are the scari..er.. than... curse...?" Yuta was quiet letting her continue,

"It... was... Human..."

She let out a small chuckle, "unfortu...nately it seems to be my time already..." She said, "No... don't say that...." He mumbles...

She smiled with an unknown expression— it will be the last, the last time they going to see her smile... her genuine smile...

In the end, she falls down. With such an unknown expression. it was— a... pity...

She was laying on the ground, lifeless.

Yuta was thinking so deeply that he didn't notice his other hand gripping the edge of his clothes. "Since when did she have dark blue eyes?" He thought for a moment before it was a sudden realization.

He looked at her, "Why..?"

Satoru walked over, grabbing Kaito's dead body by the back collar.

It was like the past was repeating itself.

Satoru put Kaito's body close to Yashiro. Satoru walked toward Yuta as he stood beside him. He pats his shoulder. It was like he was reassuring him, this is not your fault...

They were interrupted by a dark shadow looming over Yashiro's body. They both looked,

the shadow forming a figure of a kid. "Too bad, It is such a shame that this girl died, she refuses to kill despite being controlled by me," He said as he smirk before he fades away.

it is the end of misery

"an ending that I didn't wish to end,"

"an ending that I wished to end,"

It was the same ending but with a different path.