Chapter 10

Jihoon's POV

I didn't realize how much I missed his hugs untill he gave me one.

Then my familiar feeling of safety engulfed me and I remembered how much safety being with him gave me.

It was Monday and I was finally resuming school. I'd missed it actually.

Not the classes, just my friends.

I think I was even more excited now because Hyunsuk and I were back to normal.

Although I couldn't help but wonder who exactly wanted our relationship destroyed so bad that they wouldn't hesitate to hurt us for it.

I didn't think I had that strong enemies.

When I got to school, I saw Hyunsuk and Yoshi chatting excitedly at his locker.

Suddenly I felt a little bit awkward.

Usually I would be the one there and he would be paying me his entire attention.

However what made me think he would act like usual now.

He had different friends.

What if they didn't like me?

What if they said I shouldn't hang out with him because I hurt him?

Why the hell did I even care?

I was about to reach them when a hand tapped my back and I turned.

"Hi Bang Yedam." I said and the boy smiled.

He was the vice president of the student council.

"Welcome back pres. I made sure everything was perfect for you to come back to. I handled everything. Here is a list of the things." He said, handing it over to me.

I smiled politely. "Thanks a lot."

There goes my chance of talking to him.

.

....

............

I never actually realized how busy Hyunsuk and I both are.

When he was free I wasn't, when I was free he wasn't.

How is it that when we were arguing, I saw him basically everywhere and now that I actually want to see him, he is so scarce.

Life ain't fair.

By lunch, I'd given up all hope of talking to him and I was feeling pretty gloomy.

However as I entered the lunch room with my usual squad, I saw Hyunsuk waving at me happily.

"Hey, I saved seats, come over here." He called.

I turned to my friends to ask if they where interested but I didn't even need to ask.

Junkyu and Jeongwoo where practically glowing and Junghwan looked excited.

I guess he doesn't mind where we eat as long as he gets his lunch.

We went over to sit down.

There was an empty chair beside Hyunsuk and I sat down there.

I knew all his friends, I mean I did secretly stalk his account but this was the first time I got to talk to some of them personally.

They all seemed pretty nice.

Yoshi and Junghwan seemed close.

"Do you know each other?" I asked and Junghwan nodded excitedly.

"Hyung is my neighbor. He teaches me how to play football and in return I teach him how to play basketball." He explained.

"And since he is always hungry, I always have to feed him after a practice session." Yoshi said, teasing with a small smile on his face.

"Yah, hyung, you're making it sound like I'm always with you for food." Junghwan pouted.

Yoshi kept smiling, but he raised his eyebrow. "Is there another reason? Wouldn't you run away if I don't feed you?"

Junghwan shook his head.

"Nope. Because I already like you now. So I can't run." He stuffed chicken into his mouth nonchalantly while Yoshi flushed a bright red.

Everyone on the table shot each other some strange looks. I was confused until Hyunsuk turned to whisper in my ears.

"Yoshi has a huge crush on Junghwanie so him saying that is, fatal."

I barely heard what he said.

I focused more on the feeling of his warm, mint scented breathe on my ear.

It brought back so many memories and it made me feel so happy that I couldn't stop smiling.

I'd really missed us.

The talk at the lunch table went on and by the time the lunch bell rang, I felt like I'd made a lot of new friends.

"Hey Jihoon hyung, are you going to the student council room now?" Doyoung asked and I nodded.

He smiled brightly and handed me a package.

"Please can you give this to Yedam for me?" He asked, handing me the wrapped box with a pretty letter on top.

I was confused.

"What's the special occasion?" I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Ummm it's his birthday? How can you not know that." He pouted a bit and I felt really guilty.

"You guys are close?" I asked instead and he just looked even more hurt.

I asked because I vaguely recall Yedam talking about him but since I never listened, I didn't know what it was for.

What did I do wrong?

"Forget it." He said and collected the things from me and left.

"Hoonie! Why did you ask that!" Hyunsuk snapped and I looked absolutely confused.

"What exactly did I do?" I asked completely innocently.

"Dude, they aren't close. Doyoung's really just a fanboy. So it's rather upsetting when he is asked that." Hyunsuk explained and I felt extremely guilty.

"Ahhh, I'm an idiot." I said, slapping my forehead dramatically.

Hyunsuk laughed and ruffled my hair and suddenly, my heart skipped a beat.

Weird.

Really weird.

Maybe I'm just happy because it's been ages since he had done that.

"Hyunsuk, can I ask for a favour?" I asked and he nodded.

"Anything." He said and I smiled brightly at him.

* * * * *

Later that evening the both of us hid as we watched Doyoung nervously fiddling with his wrists.

We where at one of Hyunsuk's father's restaurant and we were both spying.

"What if Yedam doesn't come? He might have thought it was a prank." Hyunsuk whispered and I turned to face him.

He was also staring at me and our faces where really near.

It was really hard to breathe.

I turned away quickly.

"He'll come. He should hurry. It's hard to breathe here."

"Too tight?" He asked and I nodded.

Yedam came in suddenly. He was holding the package Doyoung gave and was smiling.

"Dobby? What's all this about?" He asked as he sat down.

Hyunsuk grabbed my hand and smiled excitedly.

"Our work here is done." He said and I hit my chest to breathe better.

This place was really tight.

____________________________________

And guys to my utter disbelief we are in 300 reads. Thank you, you guys are the best.

As promised, the double update.

Thank you for supporting me.

Love Chilli 💜